Saying Goodbye Is Hard, But I'm Looking To What's Next

This will be my last article written for The Odyssey

6

I am officially graduating next week, and it is time.

This will be my last article written for The Odyssey. It's certainly bittersweet. The Odyssey has given me so many opportunities and learning experiences. I am so thankful for my branch of The Odyssey at Florida Gulf Coast University for their constant support.

I feel like I have really grown as a writer in my time on here. Before joining The Odyssey, I thought that I was a good writer when it came to papers and essays for school since my scores reflected that, but I never had the confidence that my writing skills were good beyond that.

It wasn't until I wrote my first article that my opinion changed.

Within a day or two my article had received thousands of views and was placed on The Odyssey's spotlight on their homepage. I honestly was stunned. I couldn't believe people enjoyed my work that much, especially because I was writing about something so near and dear to my heart that I was publicly sharing out loud for the first time.

I wouldn't change this experience for anything. I have learned so much not just about writing but about website platforms, editing and behind the scenes work as well. I would encourage you that if there's something you enjoy but don't think you're good enough to do it, just jump out of your comfort zone and try. It might not work out, but if you enjoy something you should pursue it with every ounce of your being because it brings you joy.

I am so thankful for the time I've spent writing for The Odyssey. It is an experience I'll never forget, and I will take everything that I've learned with me into the working world. This platform is amazing and I would have never realized my writing potential had I not gone out of my comfort zone to join it. Thank you for everything The Odyssey.

Goodbye.