Saying Goodbye To Freshman Year

Saying Goodbye To Freshman Year

Bye, Bye, Bye.

18
Saying Goodbye To Freshman Year
Personal Photo

See you later Freshman Year!

My first year of college has finally ended. Since it has ended I feel relief, and a little joy. I’m happy that summer is finally here because I needed a break from all of the school work.

Freshman year provided me with many different experiences, obstacles, and adventures. To start, staying in a box wasn’t as bad as I thought. I mean besides there being no heat in the winter, air conditioning in the spring, and having to squat in the shower to wash my hair, it wasn’t that bad. Also, college cafeteria food isn’t as great as you think. You go from eating not so good high school cafeteria food, to not so good college cafeteria food. I do have to say though, that sometimes there was good food. Fire alarms/drills are the worse in college because they usually go off at the worst possible time. They go off while you’re sleeping, or showering.

You don’t just learn things for your major, you learn a lot of other skills as well. One thing you learn is the art of getting ready for class in five minutes.You might not look runway ready but hey, least you are going to class. Another skill you master is taking naps. Have ten minutes before you have to leave for class? That’s plenty of time for taking a nap. In college you learn to take a nap whenever and wherever. The reason these naps are so helpful is because you’re probably going to be up every night until at least 1 A.M. doing homework, or trying to finish a paper that’s due the next day. I guaranteed you procrastinated to like I usually do. Finally, while you’re not doing homework, or while you are doing homework, you become pretty good at watching Netflix.

You make lasting friendships your freshman year. I have met people from all across the country, the next town over, or a completely different country. My teammates became my friends. People I played against in high school are now my teammates and friends. I’ve made lasing friendships that I will never forget as I continue through school. Making friends is a great thing in college, because you can create study groups, or have someone to hang out with.

Finally, in your freshman year a lot of things become clearer. You see who your real friends are. For example, you might have thought that your friends in high school were your best friends and would stay with you through college, but then once you’re in college and they stop talking to you, you realize how much they were really your friends. Relationships get tested and sometimes they work out, but sometimes they also end.You learn how prepared you are for being on your own. You have to take care of your living space, feed yourself, manage money, and learn how to do things you never thought you would do.

Now time to take on sophomore year!