1 Sad Valentine Poem Coming Right Up

1 Sad Valentine Poem Coming Right Up

It sucks when you finally have your thoughts cleared but the moment has passed; it's too late.

120
1 Sad Valentine Poem Coming Right Up

A Poem A Year Too Late

I was picking you up for dinner, happy valentine’s day.

I got to your house and I said I had a song to sing for you before we left.

With clammy hands and a trembling voice that was shy to come out, I began to sing.

You loved it, your mom thought it was sweet of me, and we headed out to eat.

You asked, “Did you actually write that for me?”

I replied, “Yes, but it was difficult.” Absolutely difficult.

You smiled and I told you that I love you and you kissed me like my lips became your favorite candy bar.

Our love wasn’t perfect, but we did the best we could’ve.

We held hands walking to class.

We’d kiss each other before separating to different rooms.

And we’d tell each other ‘I love you’ as we started walking away.

You left for a different country one July.

The distance was rough for me,

I wished we spent more time that summer.

But you came back,

In the heat of the summer my love grew and I was excited to see you.

Months passed and we’d talk all day long

By now we knew how we’d reply to one other if someone said something wrong.

By now we knew what our plans were Saturday nights (come over to my house or yours and watch a movie… “watch” a movie)

By now we were looking into college, hoping to get into our dream schools.

We both made it into where we wanted to go and just because we were together, it wouldn’t stop us from chasing after our dreams.

We both decided to follow through with what we said and go to our beloved schools.

It just meant no more holding hands to class.

It just meant no more kisses goodbye and ‘I love you’s.’

It just meant no more Saturday night movies and cuddles.

It just meant distance and separation.

The summer before we left for college was a rough one.

Both being busy with work we hardly saw each other.

It was finally July.

The distance was rough for me.

I wish we spent more time that summer.

In the heat of the summer my love shrunk because I didn’t get to see you.

Do you remember what I said about the song I wrote you?

It was difficult to write, absolutely difficult.

Before we parted ways I thought of holding on just for a moment longer.

But it wasn’t right, it just wasn’t good enough.

Our love was difficult, absolutely difficult.

Through all that we went through,

The laughter, the joy, the fun.

The tears, the pain, the misery.

Little did we know we weren’t going to come out together.

It’s been a while now and I still get reminded of you every once in a while.

When we see each other, it’s as if two strangers are meeting each other for the first time.

Except I remember it all, I just don’t want to bring up that I still think of you.