How You Can Honor Ruth Bader Ginsburg's Memory And Legacy

Just when we thought 2020 couldn't get any more unpredictable, we find out that Ruth Bader Ginsburg has died at 87 of complications from pancreatic cancer.

Regardless of where you might stand politically, you can't deny that the was a very honorable woman, who has accomplished a lot in her lifetime. Writing majority opinions for many cases such as United States v. Virginia, and Olmstead v. L.C., she has paved the way for many women, showing that no matter what obstacles stand in your way, you can achieve your goals.

Here are some important ways that you can help honor The Notorious RBG's legacy.

Register to vote.

Whether it is by mail or in person the time has never been more important. Whoever is president will decide who takes RBG's spot, so this is one of the most important elections now. So no matter how you do it, get out there and vote.

SEE ALSO: Voter Registration Deadlines By State

Fight for the disabled

People with disabilities deserve the same opportunities as those who do not. RBG fought for people like me to not get institutionalized. She showed everyone that we have a right to live in the communities, thanks to people like her, we are able to go to school, we are able to work, we aren't forced away from our loved ones.

To continue her legacy, fight for those who are abused in homes, those who are killed by people who are supposed to care for them, help them get the necessary accommodations they need to succeed in life. She fought for us to be in the community, now its time that you start to make us feel like we belong in it.

Learn her story

Watch some documentaries about her, there is currently one on Hulu which talks about her early legal battles. You can also watch "On The Basis Of Sex" which talks about her fight against gender discrimination.

Whether it be through a movie, a book, an old interview, etc, it is important to learn about the kind of person that she was.

* * *

Regardless of whether or not you agreed with her politically, you can't deny that she was a fighter, she fought for people regardless of what religion, gender, color, sexual orientation they are, she didn't care what you were she fought for you.

Whoever is next to fill her shoes we can only hope that he/she/they make her proud.

Rest In Power, RBG