The Moment I Decided To Attend Rutgers University
Education

The Moment I Clicked The 'Accept Rutgers Admission' Button Was One I'll Never Forget

There was a sense of disbelief that I actually accepted an offer from a top university that is known around the globe for research and academics.

45
Girl biting a pencil and staring at her laptop

The college decision process is not easy at all. There are a billion colleges to choose from in the United States. How do you choose which one is right for you? For me, my college decision process involved a lot of curiosity and diversity. I applied to colleges that had low acceptance rates, even though I knew it might be hard to get accepted and applied to colleges both nearby and far away. I knew the most important thing I wanted in a college was diversity.

As an American-Born Indian, diversity and culture are very important to me. As I narrowed down my options, I was left with 3 colleges to decide which one would be the place for me. I'm a Biology, Pre-Med major and it was mandatory that my future college would have excellent academics, encouraging professors, and a ton of research opportunities. With these "must-haves" in mind, I narrowed down my options to two colleges and boy, was I stuck! How can you choose between two colleges that have everything you could want and more? I was stuck between a college in Philadelphia and of course, Rutgers New Brunswick.

I tried to write out the pros and cons of each college and made my final decision. Philadelphia is about 45 minutes away from my house and one thing I wanted was to be close to home because I was involved in extracurricular activities that were nearby. And so, I made my decision. Rutgers University. I was so happy and literally in tears when I clicked the accept button online. I couldn't believe that I actually did it. I actually accepted a university, after all my years of hard work.

The moment I accepted Rutgers admission, I knew that Rutgers would not disappoint me at all. I knew this was the right college for me. There was a sense of disbelief that I actually accepted an offer from a top university that is known around the globe for research and academics. Imagining myself as a Rutgers student, I thought about all the opportunities that I would have at Rutgers. It blew my mind completely and I can definitely say that accepting Rutgers as my college was the best day of my life. As a second-year student now, I can say that I do not regret my decision and I love Rutgers even more.