The 11 Stages Of Rush Week

11 Times The 'Parks And Rec' Crew Accurately Describe Rush Week Round By Round

This is the most stressful, and best week of your life wrapped into one.

586
Parks And Recreation

Rushing is probably the best thing I have ever decided to go through with. I've gained so many friendships and had so many opportunities because of my sisters, so I thought why not show PNMs what rush week really is like.

1. Moving into your new dorm/apartment

You're now going to have a roommate, who you're going to want to do absolutely everything or nothing at all with. This will also be your first night away from home, and you're probably already planning your next trip home.

2. The Social

You may be going with your new roommate, and you're so excited to meet your Pi Chis! You're a little nervous to meet all these new people, but you are so ready to find your new home!

3. Orientation

You're sitting by some of your new gal pals in your group, or someone you met last night at the social. You don't really understand why the Panhellenic officers are talking so much, but you're going to a classroom in about twenty minutes to hang with your group and eat pizza, so you're pretty happy.

4. Introducing yourself to your group

It's like the first day of school all over again. You have to tell like twenty girls what your name is, where you're from, and a fun fact about you.

5. Philanthropy Round

It's hot, it's humid, you've got a headache, and you are so nervous it's not even funny. You are going to every house, talking to 3-5 people per house and there's not much of a break. But you're excited because you have your eye on a few houses, and by the end of the week you could be at your new home! You've told everyone your name, major, and your go-to Netflix show.

6. Day Downtown

Your Pi Chi group is downtown shopping, eating, and having a great time. You've gotten closer with some of the girls in your group and you hope ya'll end up at the same house.

7. Sisterhood Round

You're talking more in-depth with the houses you were invited back to. You are no longer surrounded by your group and you're mixed in with other girls, so you aren't too sure how to interact with them. You also thought it was a good idea to wear heels, and you're walking all the way across the hill and you regret your decision entirely.

8. Movie Night

You've had a long day away from your Pi Chi group, and you're just ready to be back with your friends. You're ready to relax, you've been walking a lot in heels today and you've been talking a lot.

9. Preference Round

You're getting real serious in this round, but ultimately you have to decide what you think is going to be best for you. Do you like a house more than another? Could you see yourself there in two years, still happy with your decision?

10. Bid Day (in the gym)

You're taking pictures with your group, waiting on your bid, dancing around. Your Pi Chis are running around with your bids and all you want to do is open it. Eventually, you have to sit on it and that just makes you even more impatient.

11. Bid Day (at your house)

You just ran home, and you probably ran to your rush crush! You're taking a thousand pictures and you are getting ready to go to whatever activity your new sorority has planned for you.

I hope you can't wait to go through this week! Remember to keep an open mind and trust the process, the system really does work and wherever you end up is where you belong!