21 Songs You Know Way TOO Well If You Worked Or Shopped At Rue21

20. “Get the Party Started” by P!nk

1889
Flickr Creative Commons

If you have worked or visited rue21, you have heard these songs. Guaranteed. Some you love, and some you despise.

If you have worked retail and heard these songs, there are always the ones that you look directly at your coworkers when you first hear it. So, please enjoy this playlist and reminisce about working retail.

The Spotify playlist has more songs on it, but I have listed the top hits for you.

1. “Swim” by The Ready Set

I love The Ready Set, so being able to listen at work was the best!

2. “Crash” by Usher

Because who doesn’t love a little Usher?

3. “Secrets” by The Weeknd

I got so hype every time I heard this at work, I’m not sure why.

4. “Something Different” by Why Don’t We

This one is so catchy to me and was really motivating!

5. “Primary Colours” by MAGIC!

I love this song! One of my friends from home played it one day randomly too and I didn’t even know these songs existed outside of the store.

6. “Dancing on Glass” by St. Lucia

You know this song from the very first note and you cannot escape it.

7. “Boys” by Charli XCX

All my coworkers hate this song, but I love it.

8. “Jealous (I Ain’t With It)” by Chromeo

Dance around with your friends in the store to this song!

9. “Just Hold On” by Steve Aoki & Louis Tomlinson

Get a little of your Directioner fangirling out for this song.

10. “Prom King” by Skylar Spence

This song annoyed me. I’m sorry, but how can you play this in store?

11. “Keeping Your Head Up” by Birdy

I’m pretty sure this is one of the songs that has been around since I started.

12. “Someone Who Can Dance” by Icona Pop

This is DEFINITELY one of the songs that has been around since I started. I still remember it playing during my very first shift and me asking, “What the heck is this song?”

13. “Human Touch” by Betty Who

This song is another one that you can tell just from the first notes what it is.

14. “Got Me Like” by Spencer Ludwig

If you don’t know what this song is right away, listen again because it’s the only one that starts out with eight “yeah’s”.

15. “Take My Breath Away” by Alesso

This was an okay song. It kind of got annoying and repetitive.

16. “Can’t Give Up” by Ekkah

This song gave a little disco vibe to the store.

17. “Sirius” by Gianna Kosta and Belle

The singer’s voice is pretty interesting, I’ll give them that.

18. “Dearly Beloved” by Kiesza

I don’t know why this gets me so pumped, but it does.

19. “Problem” by Ariana Grande

My coworkers thoroughly enjoyed me dancing and singing to this, I'm sure.

20. “Get the Party Started” by P!nk

I lost my s**t when I first heard this song play.

21. “Cool Girl” by Tove Lo

I hate this song. I’m sorry.