Why my roommate is my best friend

10 Signs Your College Roommate Is Also Your Best Friend

Forced roommates, chosen best friends!

227
Makalah Hardy

Coming into college the idea of a roommate, someone you would be spending a lot of time together with, sounds extremely scary. Unless you and your high school best friend are attending the same school, you are going to start your college experience of living with a complete stranger. Some people can be unfortunate and absolutely dislike their roommate but others can get lucky and be paired with someone they can relate to and can become best friends with. Here are ten signs that your college roommate might be your best friend.

1. You relate on the same things

From the very first moment you met your college roommate, you two knew about and loved the exact same things. Your decor for your dorm ended up matching when you did not plan it at all. You love the same music and have the same fashion taste. You talk for hours about how much you love a particular movie or television show. From the very first moment you guys met, you have felt like you were switched at birth sisters and were meant to meet each other.

2. You are with each other all the time

Most people associate their roommate with being just their roommate and that they only see each other in the room and not anywhere else. Your roommate is your best friend when you two literally try and spend every waking hour together. You hang out outside of class and try and get lunch and dinner with one another almost every night. Even though you two have other friends, you make sure each other has met your other friends so that you all can hang out together.

3. You have late night talks

Ever wonder why you have a hard time going to sleep at a reasonable hour? Well, it's because your roommate is your best friend and you two always have the BEST conversations at two in the morning. Throughout the day, classes might make you unavailable or busy so at night you two are able to discuss the "tea" of each other's day and just get to catch up.

4. You have those first college year experiences together

You experience your first frat party and college Halloween party together. You make pacts to dip if things start to get weird. You join organizations on campus together in order to get more involved and meet new people. College is all about having these new experiences and who you spend them with, why not with your bestie.

5. You LITERALLY tell each other everything

Your roommate is your confidant, someone who will not judge you for how you feel and someone who will listen. They are the first person you tell if you think a guy is cute or about a guy you really like. They are the person you talk to about your homesickness or the drama that is happening in your friend group. They are the first person you tell anything too because you know they will listen and respect you on a level no one else can.

6. You have seen each other at your best and worst

College brings out new emotional sides of yourself you never thought possible and you experience these emotional times with your roommate. Having been able to tell each other everything, you are able to show that emotional and vulnerable side of yourself that is not always pretty. Your roommate shows as a best friend during these harder times by being someone who will not judge you for having an emotional breakdown and will listen and help you to feel better.

7. You share everything

You know she is your best friend when you don't even have to ask if you can borrow her nail polish or cotton balls. You feel so comfortable asking to borrow something because your roommate feels like your sister. You get really lucky is your the same size and can share each other's clothes - it's like having two closets!

8. You will have random dance sessions in the dorm

All of your neighbors hate you guys because you will randomly blast music and sing at the top of your lungs just because you felt like it. Getting ready can quickly become a dance session in the dorm and can sometimes be more fun than actually going out.

9. You FaceTime each other in between classes

Even if your class schedules are completely different from one another and can't see each other until the evening time, you still talk constantly by FaceTiming each other in between classes. You find a way to speak to each other because not seeing each other all day is sad and way too long.

10. You will tell each other the truth no matter what

No matter the circumstance, you will tell each other exactly what's on your mind and will tell each other the absolute truth. Your roommate is a trusted friend who would never betray you in any manner and because of that, you can speak your mind on everything and still be respected. You two may have different views on some things but you will still be one of the most respected people in each other's lives because you have to spend every day living with each other. Whether it be how an outfit looks or how your feeling about something, you can always count on your roommate to respect and listen to you.