Roommate Horror Stories

Roommate Horror Stories

Yes, these people and the situations are real, with no exaggerations.

92
Roommate Horror Stories
cities97

Nearly everyone at some point in their life has had a roommate, and somehow everyone has a horrible roommate. In college you have a high chance of getting put with some random roommate that has never been away from home before and has no idea how to take care of themselves. So here are some people's real life horror stories about roommates they had in the past and present, names and certain markers have been changed to protect the identity of the bad roommate in every story.

The Hallucination

I lived in an apartment with three other girls; we each had our own bedroom and shared a living room and kitchen. It is important to note that we had our own bedrooms with locks on the doors. Now, I was suffering from a cold and I was taking medicine that made me drowsy. I had told my roommates earlier about how awful I was feeling and that I was going to go to bed. What happened next I didn't tell anyone about because I honestly thought that it was a hallucination caused by my cold medicine, but the more I thought about it the more I realized I didn't imagine any of it. My roommate came into my room in the middle of the night and tucked me into bed and asked if she could "squeeze my head" (I'm assuming her reasoning for that is to relive congestion in my head??). I told her no, and she patted my head and snuck back out of my room.

The Eavesdropper

I was living in a dorm my freshman year and was getting along with all my roommates really well for the first semester. Things begin to change with one of my roommates around the time we got back from winter break, we will call her Erin. So Erin began to spend so much time in her room that we couldn't even tell if she was there or not, but when she would come out and talk to us she was somehow up to date with everything we had been up to. We shrugged it off, she could see nearly everything we do on snapchat or social media anyway. One day we figured it out: I was talking to another roommate while getting ready in the bathroom, and I noted how we never see Erin in here getting ready for class or even for bed. As soon as I said it Erin came out of her room and said that she did all that stuff at like three in the morning when we were all asleep.

The Midnight Nudist

I was coming back to my apartment one night really late, and I had my boyfriend with me. We walked in and one of my roommates was standing in the middle of the living room in nothing but her underwear. Without a word she bolts back into her room. I kept trying to think of a reasonable explanation for what just happened, but her bathroom was in her room and I cannot think of any reasonable explanation for why she was running around basically naked. This encounter happened multiple times over the year we lived together, and she never once mentioned it to me like most people would if something as weird as that happened with someone you lived with.