7 Rom Coms To 'Netflix Party' With Your Besties

As movie theaters begin to open, it still, unfortunately, isn't the safest to go out right now. Thankfully, there are other ways we can safely spend time with our friends, such as the new web extension, Netflix Party. Netflix Party is also only available on Google Chrome through laptops and desktops. It works by installing the extension, opening a Netflix video, whether it's a tv show or movie, creating a Netflix Party and joining a Netflix Party.

Through Netflix Party, you can watch with your friends from afar, and there is also a little chat window where everyone can chat throughout the movie. Luckily, Netflix has recently put out a lot of different movies and tv shows to help us cure boredom while in quarantine.

The one thing that I am mostly missing about pre-social distancing times before the pandemic is girls' nights. I have the ultimate list of romantic comedies to cue up your Netflix with to have the ultimate Netflix Party while not spreading COVID-19 with your girls.

1. Clueless

A 90s cult classic starring Alicia Silverstone and Paul Rudd, this will have you and your girls saying "as if" to any other movie options.

2. He’s Just Not That Into You

There's a star studded cast that includes Ben Affleck, Jennifer Aniston, Drew Barrymore, Ginnifer Goodwin, Bradley Cooper and Scarlett Johansson (just to name a few), and the plot stays interesting with the perfect mix of romance and comedy. This movie is especially good to watch with others because it has a little something for everyone.

3. Hitch

This romantic comedy stars Will Smith and Kevin James where Will Smith tries to help Kevin James find love. One of my favorite scenes is Kevin James dancing to Usher's Yeah! In front of Will Smith.

4. Failure to Launch

This movie is another star-studded movie with Matthew McConaughey, Zoey Deschanel and Sarah Jessica Parker. This movie stars a few older couple in their mid-30s but still is enjoyable for any age! Plus, Matthew McConaughey and Sarah Jessica Parker have amazing on screen chemistry, and Matthew McConaughey makes a great romantic comedy lead, how to lose a guy in 10 days anyone?

5. Someone Great

The Netflix original that made truth hurts rise to fame, this movie stars Gina Rodrugiez and is all about relying on friendship during a breakup and is highly relatable to any girl in her 20s.

6. The Knight Before Christmas

If you and your girls need a little Christmas feeling, this holiday romantic comedy is great to watch and stars Vanessa Hudgens.

7. Always Be My Maybe

If you love a good coming back together, long lost childhood love plot, this movie is awesome and stars two Asian leads.