5 Reasons Romantic Comedies Are The Best Types Of Movies

Rom Com's are the best kind of movies hand down.

84
The Year of Spectacular Menstatic.rogerebert.com

Romantic Comedies are the perfect balance of real life shit, and humor. They always leave you feeling better about yourself and your life, because you get to see somebody else going through what seems to be the worst. It is a perfect balance of love, loss, humor, and drama, that is perfect for a girls night, mother daughter date, or simply a pick me up and confidence booster when you need it. So no matter how many thrillers and action movies come out, I will always hold Rom Com's close to my heart.

1. Who doesn't like a love story with a happy ending?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwj_hIjixZfcAhWP7lMKHadzCHYQjRx6BAgBEAU&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.pinterest.co.uk%2Fpin%2F6825836909762265%2F&psig=AOvVaw1Hw76tSSdM1V_8FozQGvOo&ust=1531415582417929

The Princess Diaries Final Kiss Scene

I don't go to see a movie hoping for a sad ending, and I think that the majority of society would agree with me on that statement. Rom Com's are great because they usually end with a resolution that doesn't leave the audience sad or deflated, but happy and uplifted. I feel like directors of Action movies for instance just love to keep their fans on their toes and to extend the plot to where there isn't closure in the final scene. There's always a clue or hint for something that will only be found in the next movie, but who wants to wait another year or more to get answers?

2. Rom Com's are generally more realistic and relateable to the common viewer

Trainwreck

https://variety.com/2015/film/reviews/sxsw-film-review-trainwreck-1201453443/

Everybody has had a crush at some point in their lives, or experienced some sort of romance. Whether it was a failure or success, romantic comedies are so personal and relateable to the struggles that the typical person faces with their relationship lives. People are always going through series of bad dates or heart breaks and break ups, and then find themselves seamlessly falling back in love with a new hopeful suitor. It normalizes what may seem to some as something that seems to only be happening to them, and it's nice to see a movie that reminds you that everybody is human and has their own struggles. These movies can be some of the most self empowering things to watch.

3. They're not called comedies for nothing

Date Night Taxi Scene

http://doctorfilm27.blogspot.com/2013/06/review-date-night_17.html

Romantic comedies can be some of the funniest movies to watch. I mean you wouldn't believe how funny it is to see a family who's all a mess or a couple who just can't seem it get it right. It's refreshing to see people experiencing life in it's entirety, to be able to see the raw and real moments that people have with themselves and with others. Romantic comedies may make your situation not seem so bad, and actually might give you a more positive mindset about the shitty things that happen in your life. Who doesn't want to laugh every once in a while?

4. Let's not forget about the celebrity crush

Think Like A Men Male Cast

https://bossip.com/975638/which-one-would-you-hit-think-like-a-man-too-cast-covers-essence-photos/

I have never seen a romantic comedy and there not be at least one character who I have found to be attractive. Like, come on. Everybody watches movies and thinks that somebody is attractive, and it's nice to be able to look at that person for at least a solid 1 hr 30 minutes. There's got to be that pretty face to keep people's attention, and why not admire somebody from afar from a screen and imagine how perfect you would be for them? Sometimes I find myself even despising the main female characters in these movies because I'm thinking that I would be so much better for that person, but it's only a fantasy. It doesn't hurt to dream a little.

5. Finally, who doesn't love seeing people being petty?

Mean Girls

c1.staticflickr.com

Literally romantic comedies are so nice because you get to watch unnecessary drama and petty character's and it's not about you. Everybody always has something going on in their lives, and to be able to just relax and see it happens to your favorite character in a chick flick makes it feel less like you're the only one going through it. Comedic relief is always needed. It makes you think of the good and bad times in your life, like high school or middle school, when people were literally just as dramatic as the characters in the rom com you cherish so much. It makes you thankful for having gone through those times and for getting past them, to be the person that you are today. I am never gonna turn down a Rom Com:)