31 Thoughts All Drivers Have During The Morning Commute In The Summer, AKA Road Work SZN

Whose bright idea was this??

105
Flickr

Ah, it’s that time of year again. The weather is warm, the beach is packed, and the traffic is backed up ten miles off the highway because somebody thought it was a good idea to close off three out of four lanes during a rush hour commute.

We’ve all been there. Here are 31 things all drivers feel during summer, AKA Road Work SZN.

1. Okay, my GPS says traffic is pretty backed up, so I’ll leave early today!

2. Wow, the GPS wasn’t lying.

3. Am I even close to the highway?

4. Should I park my car at this light or will we ever make it through?

5. Ah, yes, please give me half a car’s length space to merge into oncoming traffic so we can close the rest of this lane. I love it.

6. Calm down pal, the speed limit is 45 in a work zone.

7. *Approximately 15 seconds later* Oh my GOD why are we moving so slow?

8. But really, should I just park my car??

9. I hope I have enough gas to sit in traffic for an hour.

10. My commute is supposed to be *15 minutes*

11. Yes, please, cut me off at the last possible minute before the lane closes.

12. Honestly whose bright idea *was* this to close down half the highway when everyone is driving to work?

13. This could have waited an hour.

14. Whoop, let’s hope that pothole didn’t take my tire with it!

15. If I see one more truck with blinking lights in the breakdown lane telling me to switch lanes I’m going to cry.

16. Traffic cones, traffic cones as far as the eye can see.

17. But really though, my car can’t handle these potholes.

18. Instead of sitting in the breakdown lane with your blinking lights can we fill these potholes please?

19. (But like, with real cement??)

20. This traffic jam is purgatory.

21. I’m paying for the sins of my past lives by sitting here, in this traffic jam.

22. I left twenty minutes ago and I’m still not halfway there.

23. *Internal screaming*

24. I guess I *don’t* have time to stop for a coffee before work.

25. Why don’t we do this work at night when no one is driving here?

26. Seriously, who decided that *the morning rush hour commute* was a smart time to block off THREE LANES.

27. Oh, cool, that exit is closed for construction.

28. Am I really going to have to break out my GPS again?

29. Yep, I’m really going to have to break out my GPS again.

30. I hope I’ll still have a job by the time I get through this commute.

31. Maybe I’ll luck out and this will all be cleared for the drive home!

Spoiler alert, it never is.