'Riverdale' Just Keeps Getting Weirder And Weirder

SPOILERS AHEAD.

Season three of "Riverdale" just ended and honestly I do not get how this show veered away from season one. Yes, season one had Jughead and Betty investigate the death of Jason Blossom, but the issues the main characters faced were typical issues teenagers faced.

BECAUSE THE CHARACTERS ARE TEENS IN HIGHSCHOOL.

Now, we have Betty trying to save her mom from a cult called The Farm, Archie becomes an amateur boxer and is also being hunted by people playing Griffins and Gargoyles. Veronica owns a speakeasy and Pop's chocolate shop at the age of sixteen. Near the end of season three, "Riverdale" becomes consumed by the game Griffins and Gargoyles with teens killing themselves to ascend to the next level. Veronica's dad was once considered the gargoyle king, but he was just dealing fizzle rocks to the Sisters of Quiet Mercy using the patients as guinea pigs.

Those are the main points where I became lost.

Polly and Alice have really lost their marbles this season. Joining a cult called The Farm where you get initiated by almost dying from drowning. Polly really tried it this season when she tricked Betty thinking she was going crazy and her dark side was taking control of her body. Really it was just Edgar Evernever hypnotizing her and then Polly dressed up as Betty to trick Betty's mind.

THE FARM WAS HARVESTING ORGANS! Honestly, "Riverdale" is becoming a Wattpad story I would read in high school. Basically, the farm is just recruiting members to take their organs. Edgar would hypnotize his patients and make them relive their traumas, while they were hypnotized Edgar or one of his minions would inflict physical pain on their bodies and depending on where the pain is that organ where the pain is taken out. Betty finds their storage unit and convinces Cheryl to escape with her.

Then we find out that Chic is back and he is the true gargoyle king. Betty's dad never killed him. Penelope rescued Chic and turned him into Jason. She then buys Betty from The Farm. She holds a dinner where she invites Veronica, Archie, and Jughead. The reason for this dinner? Well, Penelope invited the children from the Midnight Club to go through some obstacles. Penelope is missing a bunch of other kids like Josie, Reggie, and Kevin since their parent's also played Griffins and Gargoyles back in the day. The four almost die but are saved by Cheryl, Toni, The Serpents, and The Pretty Poisons who also go into a fight with Penelope's minions.

The last episode ended with Charles, Jughead and Betty's brother, arriving in "Riverdale." He is an FBI agent and instructed Alice to join The Farm as an undercover farmie. This show keeps getting ridiculous