13 Ways To Get Rid Of Stress Or Anxiety

13 Ways To Get Rid Of Stress Or Anxiety

Make sure to actually slow down and take in every second of your life.

632
13 Ways To Get Rid Of Stress Or Anxiety
Sydney Rae

What is anxiety? What is stress? I can tell you. They are the most annoying things in the world. I have suffered from anxiety for a few years and I can tell you, it is horrible. Recently though I have found numerous ways on how to relieve some of my stress. I learned to actually take care of myself and I was then able to manage my anxiety. Don’t be ashamed to admit you’re a little stressed sometimes, you’re human.

1. Go to the gym

Working out is always something I do when my anxiety is at an all-time high. Going to the gym can help release steam or any bad vibes you have going on in your mind. Let everything go that is stressing you out and work on yourself.

2. Read

Put some comfortable clothes on, cuddle up in your bed, and read a book. Reading a book can get your mind off of your stress while focusing on the story. It might also teach you something as well.

3. Breathe

Stop what you’re doing. Lay down and just breathe. Breathing can relieve more stress than you think. Try to focus on your breathing too instead of everything else going on in your life.

4. Go for a walk

Enjoy nature! Take in the fresh air! Anxiety is very overwhelming, so dropping it all and taking a walk can easily lift up your mood.

5. Talk to someone

Sometimes you just need to let everything out. Talking to a friend or a family member can always help. They might be able to help you, but sometimes it is nice to have someone there to just listen.

6. Meditate

Recently I have learned a few things about meditation. It helps you focus on your breathing, helps you come to terms with things, and is SO healthy for your mind. If you suffer from panic attacks as a result of anxiety, this can help you relieve them by being in a state of relaxation.

7. Be present

Make sure to actually slow down and take in every second of your life. Stress and anxiety are results of being so worked up because you are over thinking things. Being able to recognize things and take it day by day can help you slow down and realize how important your mental health is. Stressing over the little things is not worth it, I promise.

8. Light a candle

As a person who suffers from anxiety, my favorite thing to do is light candles. I have about a million candles in my room that I light when I become anxious. They calm me down and then I can focus on calming my mind down.

9. Write

Starting a journal is incredibly helpful. Take a few minutes out of your day to write what is on your mind. Even making bullet points can help. Write down what is bothering you and then go off of that to fix it.

10. Use a planner

Anxiety or stress can come from things going on in your life. Having structure is key for helping yourself feel organized and less stressed. Use a planner and write down everything you need to do for that certain day. Once you finish something, cross it off. Treat yourself for finishing things too!

11. Hang out with some friends

My girlfriends are always there to support me and whenever I feel down, they know how to pick me right back up. Having some girl talk (or guy talk) can definitely help get your mind off of the little things you were previously worried about.

12. Drink tea

Before bed every night, I drink a hot cup of green tea. I don’t know what it is, but it helps me relax and calm down. Try it, and maybe add some honey in it if you’re feeling a little sweet!

13. Hug someone

Believe it or not, hugging someone can reduce stress. Don’t go hugging a stranger or anything, but hug someone who you are close with! Hugs are my favorite; I promise it works.

Anxiety and stress can become very sever if you do not do things to relieve them. You have to be able to recognize that it is there because being healthy mentally is very important. You are not alone when you feel like this, so please take care of yourself and I promise you will feel so much better.