You Should Revisit Old TV Shows During This Quarantine.

The ones who brought you the most joy is a great way to relive possibly the happiest parts of your life.

16
https://unsplash.com/photos/N90LM3A5AZQ
Photo by Grant on Unsplash

We have so many ways of streaming shows and/or movies compared to earlier decades that we have lost the need for Cable TV. The need for cable is dying as companies offer ways to stream our shows and/or movies at a lower cost. With all of these TV shows being made available, why not revisit parts of our life that we were entertained and happy. During this quarantine, I remembered a show that brought me joy at different times. It reminded me that it is okay to be me and it brought forth my inner child. It also reminded me that I was loved and accepted during my childhood even though I was a little quirky.

Rewatching TV shows from earlier in our lives can have a positive effect on our mental health. It's like revisiting an old friend that you haven't had contact with for a while. We use TV as an escape from reality because reality can be hard to deal with. Too much escapism can be terrible because it doesn't allow you to cope. When I was going through a tough time, Doctor Who allowed me to escape into my own world. That holds the same as Sailor Moon when I was in elementary school. As you can tell, I've been a nerd since elementary school.

Like most people nowadays, I deal with anxiety and depression. This quarantine is both great and dangerous for my mental health because as an introvert, being alone with my husband and cats is helping me to recharge. During this quarantine, I've watched the most TV in years and it is helping me to decompress. Knowing the storyline is great for mindless television time because you don't have to think too hard. Revisiting old characters is like revisiting old friends and you can laugh at how ridiculous TV shows used to be.

Revisiting old TV shows is a time where you don't have to take things so seriously. My husband and I laughed at my expense because of how dramatic Sailor Moon is compared to the shows that we watch now. Anime is traditionally overly dramatic and it's nice to see that sometimes compared to the monochromatic shows that we see on TV nowadays. This is why I can't watch reality TV, minus cooking and home themed shows, because of how ridiculous it is. Somehow it's better watching cartoon characters fight over weird stuff or saving the world.

You should look into revisiting old TV shows that you used to enjoy. It doesn't matter if you watched it a couple of years ago or two decades ago because revisiting old flames can bring some perspective and happiness into these dark times. We always remember our great loves throughout our life no matter what if you push it to the back of your mind or you happily talk about it in public. Looking through old memories or loves can help occupy your time during this time and its a healthy thing to do.