A Review Of Taylor Swift's New Album, "Reputation"

I'm sorry, the old Taylor can't come to the phone right now.

95
@taylorswift

I am a typical white girl who loves Taylor Swift. And as I'm writing this, I am drinking pumpkin coffee and eating a big salad. I could not wait for this album, so at midnight when it came out I just had to buy it! With that said, here is the first part of my review of Taylor Swift's highly anticipated new album, "Reputation."

1. ...Ready For It?

When I first listened to this song, I wasn't the biggest fan. I questioned why my classy, red-lipped Tay was rapping. Then, I listened to this song repeatedly and now I am a huge fan of her new sound. I love the chorus because it mixes the old Taylor with the new Taylor. The old Taylor isn't completely dead.

2. End Game (featuring Ed Sheeran & Future)

All I can say is that there is SO MUCH RAPPING. This is a different sound for Taylor if we think way back to "Teardrops on My Guitar." Future's rapping makes the song sound like a typical pop song; however, when Ed Sheeran starts rapping, it brings in a whole new magical sound. Here are my favorite lines...

"I swear I don't love drama. It loves me."

"I want to be your A-Team." (Ed Sheeran sings this at one part and it's amazing because it's a reference to one of his first famous songs, "A-Team.")

3. I Did Something Bad

Taylor is such a badass in this song. She calls out all of the douchebag boyfriends and how she got her revenge on them. I love the girl power from this song! Here are my favorite lines that are so true about bad boyfriends...

"I never trust a narcissist, but they love me."

"For every lie I tell them, they tell me three."

"They're burning all of the witches even if you aren't one."

4. Don't Blame Me

"Don't blame me. Love made me crazy. If it doesn't, you ain't doing it right. Oh Lord save me, my drug is my baby I'll be using for the rest of my life."

If this line isn't so true about Taylor Swift, I don't know what is. Love really has made her crazy and has driven her to write all of her songs. She'll be using love for the rest of her life to write songs and enhance her career.

5. Delicate

There is some weird autotune in the beginning of the song that kind of creeps me out. After that, it becomes more normal. The name of the song reflects the delicacy of the song itself. It is soft and feminine sounding, yet has meaning. Taylor has a crush on a guy and is thinking about him all the time. She says that "my reputation has never been worse, so he must like me for me." She knows that she's not perfect, even though in my eyes she is perfection!

6. Look What You Made Me Do

This is honestly a classic by now. I am in love with this song and I always belt out all of the lyrics. The music video is also gold with the references to all of her old music videos. The best line (and my favorite line of the whole album) is, "I'm sorry, the old Taylor can't come to the phone right now. Why? Oh, because she's dead."

7. So It Goes...

"You know I'm not a bad girl, but I do bad things with you." All I have to say to this is that Taylor is still a 15-year-old girl in my head and when she says sexual things, I feel so uncomfortable! Nevertheless, this is a great song to listen to when getting ready for a party and talking about guys with your friends.

8. Gorgeous

I think this is my favorite song on the album! First of all, I love the little girl who says "gorgeous" at the beginning of the song. This song reminds me of a typical crush and how you're too scared to talk to him because he's so gorgeous. This song is so relatable and has such a catchy tune! I've listened to it on repeat since it came out.

9. Getaway Car

I love love love this song. It's about a modern-day Bonnie and Clyde, but there is a plot twist: Bonnie turns in Clyde! "I'm in a getaway car. I left you in a motel bar. Put the money in a bag and I stole the key. That was the last time you ever saw me." Pure genius.

Stay tuned next week for my review of the last six songs on the album!