Revel In The Gospel

Revel In The Gospel

Losing Myself in the Beauty of Christ and His Love.

11
Revel In The Gospel

I was sitting at my desk, trying to think about what to write. My mind was already thinking, and I had some music on in the background. A lot of my articles reflect something about my spiritual life and my faith, so I had just looked through some of my favorite passages and was thinking about what God was saying to me and what he wanted me to write about. But I was pretty empty. Then, the song on my phone stuck out to me and I heard these words:

“All we wanna know is where the stars came from.
But do we ever stop, ever stop to watch them shine?”

I look at the gospel through the eyes of an analytical person, because that is what I am. I am driven by logic and structure. But sometimes, I forget to simply look at the gospel. I’ll debate theology, I’ll pick apart the nuances of Greek, I’ll talk about word choices and cultural context. But I can lose myself in the gospel but in all the wrong ways. I start to view it as something to be analyzed and forget the power of the gospel. I know all about it, but sometimes it benefits us to revel in the beauty of the gospel.

God manifested Himself in the flesh to come down and redeem fallen humanity to Himself. He set the example for us and showed us what it truly means to love one another. Christ made Himself the replacement for our sins and loved us where we were. He came to us and found us, and He did not passively wait for us to come to Him. He pursued us. Do you understand that? The almighty creator of the universe chased after you and chased after me. His love is so great for us, and we can barely understand the surface of it.

So I know this article isn’t as long as some of my other ones, but today, take a moment to revel in the gospel. Sit back and let the beauty of the gospel shine through Christ, and pause the analytical discussion of it. Christ redeemed us, and that is something to celebrate.