7 Trends Back From the 90's We Love

7 Trends Back From the 90's We Love

The parts of our parent's fashion that have become a part of ours

107
7 Trends Back From the 90's We Love

A short list of 90's trends that are back to help you fit some of them into your every day outfits and style them your way!

Scrunchies

https://www.etsy.com/listing/644937802/the-when-life-gives-you-lemons-handmade

Scrunchies are back and its hard to leave the house with out one on your wrist! This is a staple when it comes to accessories, and they are so much more fun than your typical hair tie. They can stay on your wrist or help give a little height and style to your ponytail. It's a trend we all love so much that I don't see going away anytime soon, give us all the scrunchies!

Fanny Packs

http://glamsugar.com/20-stylish-outfits-with-fanny-packs/

#PacksAreBack for all of your music festival needs and so much more! This trend is perfect to hold all the essentials you need when you're out for any occasion. Especially if you're not one to carry a purse, leave the carrying to your fanny pack instead of your arm. This is another accessory that looks effortless and stylish at the same time, so buckle on your packs and get ready for this trend to grow.

Mom Jeans

http://blog.missguided.co.uk/fashion/the-best-of-the-90s/

When I think Mom Jeans, I think of the ladies from the hit 90's show "Friends". Throughout the seasons, Rachel Green is the perfect fashion icon to the idea of mom jeans and the different ways they can be styled. These jeans tend to hug you around your hips and butt and then leave plenty of leg room throughout the rest of the jean. Even working at American Eagle, the Mom Jean has easily become one of my favorite pairs of jeans due to comfort, style, and ease. This trend makes it as easy as throwing on a cute tee, tying it in the front, and walking out your door.

Round Glasses

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/65/42/cc/6542cc9f3388b5d60904af7797cd82d0.jpg

Harry Potter was definitely a few steps ahead of us! Round glasses/sunglasses are the trend we may have seen as nerdy or funky when we were kids, and now its a part of every day fashion. If you are a student this is a fashion statement that is back to easily spice up your look even from the back of the classroom. These glasses are definitely a simple and light addition to any outfit and they are here to stay!

Animal Prints

https://www.ae.com/us/en/p/women/tops/crop-tops/ae-leopard-print-baby-t-shirt/2372_6660_109

Animal prints have slowly but surely came out of the jungle and into the fashion world. The main prints we are seeing these days are leopard and snakeskin in almost every form. My personal favorite is a skinny leopard print belt to add to a simple look. It adds to the look without being too much. I was feeling hesitant about the snakeskin pattern trend at first, but it definitely has grown on me and I bet some of you can say the same. My favorite thing about this trend is how versatile it can be. For example, you can be bold with it and wear a printed top, pants, or skirt OR you can give your simple every day look a little fun with a printed belt or shoes.

Bike Shorts

https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/saved-by-the-bell/39351/saved-by-the-bell-life-lessons-from-its-special-episodes

Another versatile trend I'd like to think was inspired by Kelly Kapowski from Saved By The Bell. Bike shorts is a growing trend because it can be worn anywhere and paired with so many different styles of tops. Kelly Kapowski shows a cute unique way to wear this style. In my opinion, these are a better fit for a great workout or if your looking for that "athleisure" sporty look for your day off. If you can pull off a trendy bike shorts look, you go girl!

Windbreakers

https://www.reusebrecho.com.br/pd-5e467f-windbreaker-adidas.html?ct=1c373a&p=1&s=1

Last but not least, Windbreakers! When I think 90's I think windbreakers for sure. These can be worn in pretty much every season due to the fact that they can be layered for chillier times, and they are a nice light material that can be paired with a crop top for the hotter days. These are a great addition to your closet to switch things up throughout the year.