Retro Song Lyrics for Instagram Captions

8 Retro Song Lyrics To Inspire Your Instagram Captions

Oldies but goodies.

23140

I have a Spotify playlist called "Retro." Listening to it reminds of riding in the car with my dad, who is forever stuck in the 80's in terms of music taste. I grew to love 80's music as well. I enjoy the creative song lyrics that seem to capture the inner life of a soulful artist perfectly, and the songs' messages about life. Since it might be kinda "mainstream" to use current songs' lyrics to caption your pictures, here are some creative ideas I have that feature the oldies.

1. "You can't start a fire without a spark"

upload.wikimedia.org

From "Dancing in the Dark" by Bruce Springsteen.

If only I had a significant other, so I could use this with a picture of them for the fourth of July.

2. "It's a dead man's party, who could ask for more?"

c1.staticflickr.com

From "Dead Man's Party" by Oingo Boingo.

What a perfect caption for a creepy Halloween shot.

3. "Livin La Vida Loca"

upload.wikimedia.org

From "Livin La Vida Loca" by Ricky Martin

Translated: "Living the crazy life." What better phrase to describe college, honestly?

4. "Just another manic Monday"

c1.staticflickr.com

From "Manic Monday" by the Bangles.

Mondays are always manic during the school year. Perfect caption for when you want to post a random selfie on a Monday!

5. "The best thing about being a woman is the prerogative to have a little fun"

pngimg.com

From "Man, I Feel Like a Woman" by Shania Twain

For your girl's night out photo op, this is the caption choice. Don't even lie to yourself.

6. "You belong among the wildflowers; you belong somewhere you feel free"

upload.wikimedia.org

From "Wildflowers" by Tom Petty

The caption works great for a beautiful nature shot that includes some wildflowers.

7. "My lonely days are gone"

upload.wikimedia.org

From "The Way You Make Me Feel" by Michael Jackson.

I love this song so much, and I think this would be an adorable caption. Even if you only use it as a caption with you and your dog or cat.

8. "My heart is like an open highway"

upload.wikimedia.org

From "It's My Life" by Bon Jovi

Having an open heart is something to be proud of. Embrace it in your caption!

I love being creative with my captions. Just another form of self-expression, ya know?