15 Tweets That Perfectly Sum Up Working In Retail

#RetailProblems

557
DVDbash

If you work in retail, bless your soul. It can be a fun job when you're scheduled with the best coworkers, or it can be absolutely miserable and you're counting the seconds until your shift is over. Regardless of the store, all retail workers know that the struggle is real. Twitter just happens to be the best way to let everyone know how real that struggle is.

1. What actually happens when you check the back room

3. There's a time for customer service and a time for gossip

There's also that great time when you get to gossip with your coworkers about customers

4. Sometimes it's easier to go into work instead of getting coverage

The excuses I've heard from my coworkers are definitely something to laugh about, except when your uncle's hamster is actually in town...

5. The struggle of having money or having a social life

I want to go out but I also need money to go out. Ya feel?

6. Every minute off the floor is precious time

7. Leaving early is a real treat

It's like when you had a half day in elementary school. You're not going to stay when there's an option to leave.

8. "Can I speak to your manager?" are words to roll your eyes at

If you're wrong after both the sales associate AND the manager spoke to you, just know we're going to laugh about it for a good 2 days.

9. If you're dropping a crazy amount of money on clothes, just donate $1, please.

At some places, we're just asking you to round your $46.89 total to a $47.00 total to feed some hungry kids.

10. Put the clothes back where you found them!

Sales associates spend hours after the stores close just to put clothes back that customers leave everywhere. Also, don't leave the clothes on the floor and all over the fitting room. Give it the associate, hang it on the rack nearby, just don't leave it on the floor.

11. What is a weekend?

Saturdays are for the sales associates.

12. There is no such thing as free

13. "Do you work here?"

No, I don't work here. I just enjoy wearing clothes from the store and a name tag. The walkie talkie and ear piece are just to make me look a secret agent.

14. How orientation goes when you're a vet

The innocent new person will laugh uncomfortably, but they don't know how precious the bathroom is when the stress of the sales floor gets to you.

15. The worst betrayal comes from your favorite coworker

Whether your favorite coworker is going on vacation, quitting, or leaving for school, it's painful watching them go. Having good coworkers makes every shift great and gives you a reason to not call out.