Restaurants to Try if You're In Athens, GA
Wellbeing

A place for any craving in the land of the dawgs.

91
Paige Wilson

These are all my go-to resturaunts for every craving! Try ~any~ of them and you'll see why they are on this list.

Taqueria Tsunami

Formal dinner? Taq Tsun. Catching up with friends? Taq Tsun. Fam dinner? Taq Tsun. Mexican food or tater tot craving? Taq Tsun. This place is my answer to anything and everything, and it should be yours, too.

Agua Linda

If you love some good authentic Mexican food, Agua Linda is your place. It has affordable prices and is always super quick. Great place. Great food.

Clocked!

Tucked away in downtown, Clocked! is a gem. I've never heard of anyone having a bad meal here. Known for their burgers and fries, they pride themselves on all-natural and local ingredients, which makes their great food sound even better.

Gyro Wrap

This is the reason I am a student at UGA. I wasn't a huge fan of the campus tour, but my dad took me here and my world was rocked. If you like Greek food, check this place out right across from the Arch on East Broad.

The Place

My freshman year roomie and our families ate here after move-in, and there was no better meal to kick-off my year. They've gotten really great Southern comfort food and the vibe is super hip. 10/10 recommend.

Mama's Boy

Name a better brunch spot. You can't. This place is such a staple in the Athens diet.

Shokitini

I'm not a sushi gal, but I always enjoy Shokitini. My meal of chicken and rice never disappoints, and their karaoke room is a fantastic time. If you love singing and Japanese food, come here.

Taziki's Meditteranean Café

My roommate and I legit went here twice in one week. And we would've gone more if our bank accounts allowed.

Grindhouse Killer Burgers

I LOVE Grindhouse. They let you create your own burger with vegetarian/vegan options, which I find fun. Also, their fries are incredible. And the vibe is great. You can't go wrong.

The Last Resort

I went here with my dad and swooned at how great my meal was. It's Southern food with an artsy vibe. 5 stars, no doubt.

Saucehouse BBQ

You get to choose your own sauce at this amazing BBQ joint. Also, try the mac & cheese. Just try it.

Big City Bread

Another great brekkie or lunch spot. I've never gone wrong with anything I've tried. If you're a bigggg brunch person, you need to try this place.