Don't Be Rude To The Person Serving You Food, They Just May Spit In In

You will never experience the true horrors of people until you work in a restaurant.

143
Unsplash

The most annoying thing in the world about working at a restaurant is that people automatically forget that the people taking your order and serving your food are, in fact, people. Who knew that behind this dorky uniform and ridiculous hairnet, that I actually walk the Earth just like you? This article is not for the kind sweet customer who receives the best service. But for the rude, self-centered, hypocritical jerks who love to disrespect someone based on a uniform and job status.

A person will never experience real jerks until they work in a restaurant. These rude customers come in all shapes and sizes. I've experienced the rich jerks, the spoiled kids, the bratty teens, and "the respect is earned, not given" people. The ones I almost immediately roll my eyes at are the old and rich people.

For some reason, old people (as in 40 and above old), seem to think that I should do the impossible to please them. These are the customers who treat you like dirt. The ones who talk down to you and give attitude. The moms who believe you should stop what you are doing to fill the soda machine with ice when there are two machines in the restaurant. The ones will do everything but spit on you and expect nothing but smiles and a kind "is there anything else I can get you?" They. suck. These people will literally do everything to make you hate your job.

Then, of course, there are the rich people. Depending on your restaurant or area you will encounter different kinds of rich people. You have the older rich people who snap at you to get your attention and call you sweetheart or doll. These people suck because they tip. Yes, even sucky people tip and that's the hard part. Rich people use their big tips as a pass to belittle their server.

These are the people you smile at but complain about to other servers. Rich people believe they should be center of your attention. They take one look at your uniform and undermines your intelligence and place in society. However, they are not the worst.

College students are the absolute worse people on earth to serve. Unlike their fellow old rich people, young jerks feel entitled. I attend college just like the rest of you, but these people believe they are better than anyone working in a restaurant. What makes young rich college students be at the top of my list is that they DO NOT TIP. They leave their table a mess, they come in big groups, and they so happily forget that we work off tips.

Being a server you meet so many people, some nice, majority rude. Golden Rule for all people in America: treat anyone handling your food, drinks, or giving you any service, with respect. Please do not let a person's job title dictate how you treat them.