A Response To Tomi's "Final Thoughts" On The Women's March
Politics

Call us 'snowflakes' all you want, we will not stop marching.

75
The Blaze

As many of you may know, women all over the globe took to the streets on Saturday to protest in the Women's March. One of the many marches took place in Washington D.C. as you may also know. Of course, everyone's favorite label-hating Millennial Tomi Lahren had something to say about these marches in her latest "Final Thoughts" segment. You can find the full video here. I'd like to respond to Tomi's thoughts because just as she has a constitutional right to express her opinion, I have the right to express mine.

Tomi first says "They decided to do something. Something constructive? No, not really." Well, Tomi, I think many people disagree with you there. The Women's March had EVERYONE talking. While not all of the talk was positive, it elicited it a reaction. This idea, eliciting a reaction, is something you're familiar with. In fact, your cover photo on Facebook says something eerily similar.

The march even drew an uncharacteristically sane response from President Trump himself.

On his personal Twitter account, @realDonaldTrump, he tweeted: "Peaceful protests are a hallmark of our democracy. Even if I don't always agree, I recognize the rights of people to express their views." So it seems that the march was constructive. The march drew a lot of attention, and it even got the attention of the person whose attention many marchers were seeking.

Next, she said the reason for the march was to "show little girls around the country that they too can play the victim card," among other irrational blabberings. This was very far-reaching, even for Tomi. The reason for this march was to show people that women are not afraid to stand up for themselves and what they believe in. The march was to bring attention to the inequalities women still face today, such as the wage gap.

It was to fight for women's reproductive rights, which may be diminished under the Trump administration. The march was for LGBT rights as well as many other important issues. Women marched to let others know they will not stand to hear the sexist things our president has been overheard saying before. They marched to have their voices heard about issues in education and climate change. Everyone knows protesting isn't going to change the outcome of the election. That is not what this march was for, despite what people like Tomi might shout at a camera from behind a studio desk.

Tomi also brought up her favorite subject, Hillary Clinton. Tomi says supporting Hillary and walking in the march is hypocritical because of the alleged ties she has with other countries where women are given fewer rights than we are fortunate to have. Tomi sarcastically said Hillary's story is a great one to tell our daughters when they ask us about the first woman president. How nice.

While she did have her unsavory moments, I think Hillary's experience and poise would've made her a fine pick for the first female president. However, this is not an issue I'm going to get into because the election is over and there is no sense in wasting my breath on something not relevant to the march. Right, Tomi?

At this point, I think it's important to begin moving forward and I sincerely hope President Trump moves us in that direction.

The final thing I'd like to respond to is one of, in my opinion, Tomi's most inaccurate quotes from her video.

Tomi says: "Don't stand there with your signs and march and pretend you speak for women because you don't."

Again, I'd like to stress that the march was not an attempt to change the outcome of the election. The marchers were out there speaking for women, women's rights and many other topics that they feel are threatened under a Trump presidency. To say that the marchers were not speaking for women, advocating for women, and fighting for women... I'm just not sure which march you were watching. If you would sit down, use your inside voice and take a moment to speak with the women who marched instead of shouting at them, you might see that.

While I do not agree with many of your ideas, I respect you for sharing them. We are fortunate enough to live in a country that allows us to share our opinions freely. In fact, it was marches like these that allowed you and many other women to vote for President Trump. It was marches like these that have enabled you, a woman, to share your opinions with millions of people. This march was for the people to share their opinion, too. You are allowed to disagree with what they are saying, but calling people snowflakes and cry babies solves nothing and only succeeds in making you the bully.

I guess my point is that you can call us snowflakes and whatever else you want, but we will not stop marching.