New Year's Resolutions You Will Actually Stick To This Year

New Year's Resolutions You Can Actually Stick To This Year

Doable changes you can make in 2019

33
https://www.pexels.com/photo/kettle-bell-beside-adidas-pair-of-shoes-209968/

We all know new years resolutions have a tendency to be broken by February. People tend to wait until January to fill their ambiguous goals like "lose weight" or "be happier." The problem with these goals is that they are not practical lifestyle changes. Resolutions that are meant to stick until December need to be specific and rational. Here are some lifestyle changes that you can stick with way past February!

Drink 64 ounces of water a day.

Setting an actual number goal like 64 ounces will hold you more accountable rather than just saying "drink more water."

Lift weights 3 times a week

Strength training has so many benefits! It strengthens your bones, burns calories even after you're done working out, and revs your metabolism way up!

Learn a hobby

Knitting, cooking, writing, yoga-ing, whatever you've been wanting to try, try it!

Journal your mood everyday

Keeping your mood in check is so important for your mental health goals.

Walk 10,000 steps a day

This is another fitness goal that is numerical to ensure you can see your progress and stick with it!

Cook a healthy meal 2 times a week

Setting a goal to cook a meal instead of getting takeout is an extremely important part of healthy living. Starting out with 2 meals a week will definitely save you money and get you on track with your health goals.

Plan and budget a practical vacation in advance 

Saving money towards a specific goal, like a vacation, will give you something to look forward to and work towards.

Say no to fast food breakfast 3 times a week

Picking up breakfast on the way to work or school seems to be the easiest option, but having a plan for breakfast saves calories, time, and money. You don't have to make an elaborate fancy breakfast, but even a container of greek yogurt and fresh fruit or a energy bar or protein shake will help you see big changes.

Switch your soda to diet 4 times a week

Switching to a diet soda a few times a week will help you save hundreds of calories and lots of sugar. After a few weeks you might be able to switch all together!

Read X number of books a month

If your goal is to "read more" set a more realistic goal by picking a set number of books.

Track your sleep

Sleep is essential to mental and physical health. Tracking it and setting a goal for yourself is a realistic way to stay healthy.

Bring your own lunch to work everyday

Packing your own lunch to work or school has so many benefits. It saves money and lots of calories. When you're hungry and without a plan, it makes it so easy to grab an unhealthy option. Be prepared.

Write in your planner everyday

Even if its just "take out the trash," write in your planner if you're trying to stay more organized next year.

Go to the grocery store with a plan

Making a list before the grocer store is another way to be more organized and a lot messed frazzled.

Be still and alone for at least 5 mins a day

Give yourself a moment to be still and by yourself a few minutes everyday in order to keep your sanity and clear your mind, if your goals are more mental-health related.

Plan your meals for the week

Again, making a plan is crucial to stay organized. Planning your meals for the week also helps you stay on track with your healthy eating goals.

Save X number of dollars per week

If your goals are financial, set a monetary amount of money to save per week so you can reward yourself with a vacation or house renovation.

Listen to 1 podcast a week

Instead of mindlessly listening to music on your morning commute, listen to a podcast to improve your knowledge or even helping you destress.

Walk for at least 10 minutes a day

Walking not only helps you stay healthy, but you can also use it to clear your mind, and just take a moment to be alone.

Write down one thing a week that made you happy

Journaling one bright moment from your week will allow you to look back and see all the good things that happened to you over the year.

Try a new fitness class once a month.

Trying something new keeps your fitness routine fun and different!

Don't try to tackle too many resolutions at a time, but try to add these practical changes to your daily routine.