2019 Resolutions

New Year's Resolutions Are A Lot Like The Law Of Attraction: You Decide How They Go

Making resolutions might help you be able to change your perspective on life.

28
https://www.everypixel.com/search?q=writing&stocks_type=free&meaning=&media_type=0&page=1&image_id=7224125547244020984

It's a new year, a fresh 365 days to start filling with new memories and experiences. You may think nothing is going to be different, but in reality, that all depends on you. If you want 2019 to be different or better than 2018 then you have to work for that. Strive to make a change. I know some people may find the whole idea of New Year's Resolutions to be cheesy, but if writing down a list of resolutions is going to help you focus on your fresh start then that is what you should do.

Whether your resolutions are something huge like "find a new career" or something small like "flirt with that cute barista at Starbucks" you can better achieve those things if you visualize them as already obtained and then work hard to make that a reality. You can do it. You just have to believe that you can and that attitude can be one of the only changes you need going into the New Year.

I am not saying that putting on a brave face will fix all of your problems. There are some things in life that one can't deal with all on their own. However, an overall change in the way you view your life can definitely bring about a slew of positive developments in the future. The law of attraction is a philosophical idea that "like attracts like". This is the belief that focusing on positive or negative thoughts can bring you positive or negative experiences in life.

Ever wonder what "The Secret" was? This is it. And it isn't a secret. It's a truth. The course of your life can be greatly influenced by your perspective. If you're watching your life through a kaleidoscope it's going to look a lot better than it would if you were looking at it through a dirty window. If you're a believer in the New Year Resolution school of thought, make this your number one: Adjust my perception of life.

I'm also not implying that that is an easy task to take on. It's something I'm going to have to be putting into practice this year, as well. I've spent the last 2 years in a Disney bubble where all of my worries seemed failed by fireworks, pixie dust, and junk food. It's, admittedly, hard for anything to compete with that. Now I've been thrust back into the real world with a laundry list of new responsibilities, new objectives, and no guarantee of ultimate success.

I'm going to make myself lists, smaller goals to aim for that lead to my overall intent. I'm going to make plans and backup plans and backup, backup plans. I'm going to set time limitations. I am going to have to try and believe in myself as hard as I can, but most importantly, I am going to have to try to solidify a very important idea inside of myself, and that is: It doesn't matter what people will see as outsiders looking in. It isn't their life. I am the one living it, and I have to make myself happy first. I would say if you have to have a second resolution, it should be "Be Happy."

Isn't that really the most we can ask for from life? Sure, there are plenty of other things to want, and I want a lot of them. I want love, success, job security, financial stability and all of those things would add to my happiness. But, more than anything, we should want to just be happy. Find the little reasons to be happy going into this new year. Focus on the good instead of the bad, and I am sure you will find that the positive outweighs the negative.

Like the day I got my flat tire in Orlando. Was this the second flat tire in 4 months? Yes. Was it taking money I didn't have to get it fixed? Yes. Was it my one day off after a 6 day work week? Yes. It would have been easy for me to give in to my despair over the situation and let it make my day miserable. However, My friends came with me to the shop. They sat with me while I waited. They played Christmas music to make me laugh even though it was August. And when the work was done, we spent the day together. It actually turned out to be one of the best days I'd have ever had. I focused on the positive that my friends had to offer, rather than the many negatives of the situation, and made a good day out of it. That is how I want to approach all of 2019, and I think I am ready to do that.

Happy New Year to all! I hope that you can go into 2019 with a fresh start and a fresh mindset, and I hope that this year treats you well and brings you many new, joyful memories. Keep your chin up, and believe in yourself with a vengeance, even if the future seems daunting.