Resolutions We Should All Have To Be Happier

Don't wait until tomorrow, it's time now.

13
Active Endurance

Every year people have "a New Years resolution", or something they plan to live by the whole year. Most of the time they are resolutions like, "i'm gonna start exercising more". Or "I'm gonna start eating healthy". Most of the time those resolutions don't last, and for a week or two the gym is filled with determined individuals who end up opting out of their promise soon after it's made. So this year, I suggest everyone stop trying to enhance their appearance, and start trying to enhance themselves. Make resolutions that will make you a happier person.

This year I want to make resolutions that will help change my life and I think the list I have made is helpful for everyone.

1. Try to be more spontaneous.

Spontaneity adds excitement to life and can make you a happier person. It also creates stories and new memories that you can share with others. Even the smallest spontaneous happenings can be worth sharing. You don't need to spontaneously go to a different country to have a great story. So if you are already in bed and your friend calls you up to hangout or do something, then go do it, you never know what it may lead to.

2. Be a yes man more often.

Saying "no" to things stops you from really living. If you say no to something because you are scared or think it might not be fun than you will never say yes to anything new because you're not letting yourself enjoy what could be an awesome life. If you think it could be a bad idea, then go find out and maybe it will turn into the best idea yet. It's possible that the decision to say yes to just one thing could have the best impact on your life.

3. Be more open minded.

If you are more open minded than life will be much better. Being open to learning new things and cultures, meeting new people and having more adventures is how you better understand the world and a key to a successful life. And for those who know of DJ Khalid, be more open minded to winning more- we the greatest.

4. Create opportunities.

Get what you want and stop waiting for the right time because there is never a right time to do anything, the perfect time is now. Waiting around for that right time to apply to the job, go to school, ask him or her out on a date, or do anything you want, will hold you back. Opportunities are not usually handed to you on a silver platter, it is your responsibility to make things happen; everything in your life is up to you. Have that mindset that to get what you want you need to create the opportunity to get it, whatever it is.

5. Every Once in a While Do Something "Just Because"

It seems that people always need a reason to do anything. But if you do something just because you want to and just for the purpose of enjoyment than it will help lead to more happiness.

6. Be nicer.

It costs absolutely nothing to be nice, believe it or not. I know today people always look for a reward for their actions, but if you can do something for someone else just because it is a nice thing to do, it will improve their day significantly. Even a simple "hello" or "I like your shirt" can make someones day. You also never know what someone is going through so why be mean to them. Being nice can go a long way.

7. Travel more.

Traveling is the best way to experience anything new. It doesn't have to be fancy and it doesn't have to be a flight (for those who are scared to fly). It could just be a new place near your town or a part of the state you have never been to. A lot of places are different than where you are from. This is a great way to be open your mind and understand more cultures. Traveling is one of the best ways to begin these new years resolutions.

8. Be More Positive

Positivity is the most crucial thing in your life. It helps decide whether you will be a happy or sad person and if the people around you will be happy or sad. Whether or not you know it, your personality rubs off on those around you. If you are continuously positive and happy than others will be too, and vise versa. This way of thinking is what creates an exciting and happy life. Every morning wake up and your first thought should be a positive one. Eventually every day will start with that and before you know it, even non-morning people will be willing to get up. Looking at situations with a positive attitude can make them go from a disaster to a learning or interesting opportunity, it's all up to you.

9. Stop waiting until the new year to make resolutions.

Why do people need a new year to make a resolution. All this, "new year, new me" stuff is dumb, what about new day, new me. If you want to change something about your life than start changing it now, there is no need to wait for a new year. Resolutions can be made every day. Every day is a new day and every moment is a new moment so if you want a new you, then change yourself now and don't wait.

I hope everyone creates new years resolutions they really care about and stick to them. Happy new years everyone! Make this year the best one so far.