6 Things You Need To Remember To Be Thankful For This Year

6 Things You Shouldn't Forget To Be Thankful For This Year

The fact that we are fortunate enough to get an education is something to be grateful for.

23
@affinitygrove

With the holiday season coming up, it can be easy to get pre-occupied in the hustle and bustle. This time of year ultimately is about being grateful for the things we may/may not take for granted. These are 6 things to try and remember to thankful for at the end of 2018:

1. Family

@lynzyandco

I know I personally would not be the person I am today without the support of my family. It can sometimes seem like they'll always be there, but it couldn't hurt to take a few seconds and show/say how much they mean to you.

2. Friends

@jellymmejia

The people who keep you sane and support your decisions (good or bad)! What would we do without our partners in crime? With a good friend, your problems are their problems as well, so don't forget about them when giving thanks this year.

3. Health

@panidziennikarka

Good health is something taken for granted so often. Thousands of people have to spend their holiday season in hospital beds, so be grateful you are of good health in the comfort of your own home.

4. Shelter

@disastersemergencycomm

It is so easy to get caught up in the superficial parts of the holidays, but all some people want is a warm place to sleep. It is absolutely heartbreaking that some people do not even have the safety and walls that we barely acknowledge.

5. Education

@dravsinvs

Going to early morning classes and pulling all-nighters to study for exams is not most people's cup of tea. It can be difficult and frustrating, but the fact that we are fortunate enough to get an education is something to be grateful for.

6. Furry Friends

@thedoggist

What would we do without our little companions?! To us, animals are just one part of our life, but to the animal, we are its whole life. Give your pet an extra long hug the next time you see them.