Relax This Thanksgiving — You Deserve It
Thanksgiving

Throw the textbooks to the side and sleep until noon.

104

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like all my professors came together one night and decided to make these last two weeks some of the busiest weeks I've had yet here at JMU. It's been back to back quizzes and exams, late nights studying and writing notecards, and what seems like hundreds of cups of coffee that still can't give me the energy I need. If you're anything like me, you've been stressed out of your mind trying to bring up your grades, stay ahead in class, and juggle your social life on top of all the work you have to do.

But finally, finally, the time for much-needed rest is here; Thanksgiving break is right around the corner! So get ready to put that pencil down, to put the Mac Book away- you've earned a week of rest, go enjoy it.

You've had an eventful semester; whether it be the pressure of your classes, the anxiety of getting into the sorority or frat of your dreams, or just dealing with the drama that comes with living in a campus dorm, you're tired. There's nothing wrong with using this upcoming week for a little TLC. This is the time to de-stress and unwind, the time to eat a nice homecooked meal and sleep in until twelve! It's the time to hang out with your family and laugh until your stomach hurts, to catch up on all the drama of your hometown and fill in your friends on all the fun times you've had while you've been away. Basically, it's the time to do everything and anything but worry about school.

It might be hard for some to put school work entirely on the back burner, I get that. But at the very least give yourself a day or two to chill out. You'll have plenty of time to do your reading, to write that next paragraph to your essay, or to do more research for that class you hate. Don't feel guilty about needing a break- everybody does. It's necessary for you to function every day and it's vital to your mental health. There's nothing wrong with getting some rest and spending a little time to take care of yourself.

So take a deep breath, my fellow stressed out Dukes! Soon enough you'll be back at home, your family gushing about how proud they are of you and telling you how much you've been missed. You'll be blessed with a week full of love, relaxation, and pure laziness. Enjoy it while you can, take advantage of it- soon enough we'll have finals looming over our heads and we'll be wishing we were back home already.