Smith Is Turning Tables With Red Table Talk

Jada Pinkett Smith's Web Television Show 'Red Table Talk' Is Turning Tables

Three women. Three generations. One table.

17

Most are familiar with Facebook Watch's new sensation "Red Table Talk" because of Jordyn Wood's guest appearance to talk about her side of the Khloe and Tristan drama. But aside from Jordyn Wood's and aside from the Kardashians, the "Red Table Talk" is an empowering Web Television Show that America is in desperate need of right now.

Three generations of women, Jada Pinkett Smith, her daughter Willow Smith and mother Adrienne all join the red table in the Smiths home to have candid conversations about parenthood, body issues, domestic violence, surviving loss, love, white privilege, healing, addiction and so much more.

I fell in love with the show when it first came out last year during the summer. It seemed like the topics of self-love and forgiveness was everything I needed to hear at the time. The conversation was authentic. There was no holding back. It was raw. It was real. It's a place where honesty is not sugar-coated.

I think what I love most about the show is the fact that there are three generations of women. Three different perspectives. Three different voices in the conversation.

These are all things that television is lacking today.

Powerful black women not afraid to voice their truths in a world full of fake news and alternative facts.

What is so astonishing and shocking about this show is that not too often do we see real people have real conversations without it being in the form of a reality show that is obviously scripted. "The Real Housewives of Atlanta," "Love & Hip Hop" and even "The Bachelor" cannot and will never be as real and as thought-provoking as this show.

And Jada ain't afraid to get down to the nitty-gritty, the conversation about the docuseries Surviving R. Kelly or the open discussion about her own families issues with depression.

This Web Television series that only appears on Facebook Watch is more than just a show to foster critical conversations.

This show is turning tables.

This show is a movement.