Red Dead Redemption 2 Game Review

'Red Dead Redemption 2' Is Finally Out, And We Are Not Disappointed

After waiting over 8 years, it's finally here!

31

The long awaited game has officially arrived! The first "Red Dead Redemption" set high standards for its sequel. After its release in May of 2010, it ended up rising to be one of the most popular PlayStation games. Of course, because of this hype, many people were worried that the second game in the franchise wouldn't meet the high expectations everyone had for it. Thankfully, after its release on October 25, 2018, it was proven that it was far from a disappointment and is probably already one of the most popular games being played by YouTubers, or just gamers in general today.

As soon as the game starts, it throws the player into its detail-oriented story. Of course, I'm not going to say what happens in the story so as to not ruin it for those that may want to play it in the future or watch someone else play it, but I will say that it doesn't leave you waiting for the cut scenes to end as some games might. To add to that, there are also often extremely smooth transitions that add to the game immersion as well as the satisfaction of the game itself.

After just the first few seconds of the game, you can tell that the developers put a lot of thought into the detail. The environment looks beautiful, the horses' movements and skin textures are realistic, and when anything walks/moves through the snow, it leaves deep, realistic tracks that not only add to the immersiveness but can also make it easier to track people and/or animals. They even made sure to include smaller details such as the kicked up snow on the back of the clothes, or the fact that if you don't clean your horse enough, it may lose health.

They not only included detail on physical aspects of the game but also in the culture for the time period the game is based on, 1899. This means that the cabins on the inside and the outside were more like what you would see back then, the way they talked and treated other races in the game was related to the time period, and one of the main modes of transportation was horses.

In the end, the game was far from a letdown. If it hasn't already, it will most likely rise to be one of the most popular PlayStation games much like its predecessor. So, if you haven't already bought the game, I highly recommend you do, and if you can't afford the game or don't have the right console, then there are multiple YouTubers who have already begun to play the game such as MiniLadd, H2O Delirious, CaRtOoNz, Daithi De Nogla, and many others.