Recruiters, Why Don't You Just Meet Me In The Middle?

I'm Losing My Mind, Just A Little.

232
YouTube

Playing the "The Middle" by Zedd for the actual 29th time, windows down, spirits high, driving down I-575 to the ol' KS of U: the life of a graduating senior ain't half bad. When you're chugging full speed ahead on your collegiate victory lap, there isn't much to complain about. Right?

Yeah, RIGHT. Apparently juggling 18 credits, a part-time job, and a diligent job hunt isn't considered an extreme sport. And trust me, nobody wants to hear you complain along the way. Not your older co-workers, because they swear up and down that "The college years? Oh, they're the best years." Even turning to your parents is a bust, cause, well.. Mom's tired of putting you up and doing your damn laundry.

But by the 30th replay of my new favorite jam, I had been lulled into circling The Blake round-da-bout 3.5 times. At that very moment I was hypnotized into believing that, beyond a shadow of a doubt, Marren Morris had written an ode to all the anxiety-ridden job-seeking seniors across America, in the form of a power-pod-ballad.

It goes a little something like this...

In an awkward moment mid-interview, Maren begins hysterically crying from the pressure of landing her dream job. The interviewer politely asks her to step into the hall...

Take a seat
Right over there, sat on the stairs
Stay or leave
The cabinets are bare, and I'm unaware
Of just how we got into this mess, got so aggressive
I know we meant all good intentions

Maren is spiraling and in total denial about wrecking her best chance at a well-paying entry-level job...

So pull me closer
Why don't you pull me close?
Why don't you come on over?
I can't just let you go

Upon arriving back home, Maren plans to work through it like an adult, with wine. Instead, in a fit of rage she has a full blown melt down in her kitchen...

Ohh, take a step
Back for a minute, into the kitchen
Floors are wet
And taps are still running, dishes are broken
How did we get into this mess? Got so aggressive
I know we meant all good intentions

As she tearfully lurks through LinkedIn, her interviewer's face pops up as a suggested connection...

Looking at you, I can't lie
Just pouring out admission
Regardless of my objection
And it's not about my pride
I need you on my skin
Just come over, pull me in, just

Recruiters, we're all flailing our arms and tanking our GPAs, all in hopes of showing you we mean business...

So why don't you just meet me in the middle, middle
In the middle, middle

Genius, Maren. Simply genius.