chicken francaise recipe

Recipe: Chicken Francaise

An easy, quick, and delicious meal that will surely wow your guests at your next dinner.

18
lacoltivata.com
lacoltivata.com

Whenever I don't have a clue what to make... chicken is my go to, just like potatoes. Because in my opinion, chicken is so versatile and tastes great in any recipe. You can bake it, fry it, make a soup with it, slice it for a sandwich, mix it in pasta or salad... the possibilities are endless.

You will find this popular dish in many parties, events, and catering. It's simple and quick to make and truly delicious. My Dad gave me his recipe, and I've grown over time to make it my own. Perfect when you are hosting and want a fancy dish that will be ready in no time. Buon Appetito!

Ingredients

4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts

all-purpose flour

4 large eggs

1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil

1/2 lemon

1/2 cup dry white wine (pinot grigio is great

)1 cup chicken broth

2 tablespoons unsalted butter

1/4 cup chopped parsley

salt and pepper for taste

let's make it

1. Place the chicken breasts side by side on a cutting board, and use a mallet to pound it until they are thin.

2. In a bowl, mix the flour, salt, and pepper. Set aside.

3. In another wide bowl, beat the three eggs until mixed well.

4. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet and over medium heat.

5. Dredge both sides of chicken in flour first and then the egg.

6. When the oil is hot, add the chicken cutlets and fry them one side at a time, until golden.

7. Remove the cutlets and place them on a side platter.

8. In the same skillet, place the 2 tablespoons of butter, lemon juice. chicken broth, and white wine. Add some flour for thickness and simmer for 5 minutes.

9. Return the chicken cutlets to the skillet and mix well with the sauce.

10. Cook for another 5 minutes until the sauce begins to boil. Sprinkle with fresh parsley and lemon slices.