Reasons You Want Your University to be Like Greendale Community College

Who knew a fictional community college in Colorado could be so inspiring?

147
Google Play
"You can do whatever you want, you just have to know what that is. For me, it's Lucky Charms and TV." -Abed Nadir

1. Weekends dedicated to school-wide paintball competitions

Stress relief? Check. Strategy and competition? Check. Bucket-loads of fun? Triple check!

2. Taking Anthropology 101 with Betty White

Because, who knows more about life than Betty White? Personally, I'd be ecstatic if she taught any one of my classes. On Community, her name is Professor June Bauer, but no matter what she calls herself, she will definitely entertain and engage the students!

3. Random dances held throughout the year

Dean Pelton is always trying to engage the students in social events, and one of his favorite ways is by hosting school-wide dances. The themes range from your normal Halloween and Valentine's Day dances all the way to Transfer Student Dance.

4. Student-run Morning Show

Who doesn't love Troy and Abed in the Morning? If there were to be a student-run morning show on campus, I just might want to wake up a little bit earlier in the morning.

5. An interactive relationship with the Dean

Dean Pelton is an eccentric chararcter to say the least! He is invested in the lives of his students, especially the study group that is the show's focus, and even more especially Jeff. Dean Pelton loves to engage in student activities and bond with his students. I would love to have a more personal bond with the administration on my own campus. They become real people instead of just people you've heard about.

6. Dedicated study groups that last years

Finding a good quality study group in one class during one semester is difficult enough. To have one that lasts years, through multiple classes, would be the best thing to happen to any student.

7. Parodying TV shows and movies in real life just because you can

Who wouldn't want to bring their favorite shows and movies to life? Escaping the stress of school for a bit and immersing yourself into the life of one of your favorite characters can do wonders on the mind. And, it's a total blast!

8. Dioramas for class

Dioramas are everything school is about: hands on experience, imagination, creativity, and learning. It's much better than sitting in a boring room and listening to monotonous lectures every day.

9. Abed's documentaries

Participating in a cool documentary would be awesome. Maybe a new star would be discovered! Of course, the best films are narrated by Abed.

10. Building a blanket fort throughout campus

It's every child's dream! Imagine how incredible this would be. You could grab a book and some hot cocoa and chill in a corner, or have a movie marathon with popcorn and friends, or plan a huge pillow fight. The activities are endless, as well as the fun!

11. True diversity

Interacting with those that are different from you is an important part of cultural growth. To form bonds with these people can broaden your outlook on life in so many ways. The people at Greendale range in race: from White/Caucasian to Middle Eastern to Black/African-American. They are of different religions and beliefs: from agnosticism to atheism to Christianity to Buddhism. They all have vastly different personalities and a variety of interests. The interesting conversations and possibilities are countless!