Reasons Why You Should Adopt, Not Shop

Reasons Why You Should Adopt, Not Shop

Support your local shelters!

49
Reasons Why You Should Adopt, Not Shop

You’ll be saving the dog’s life.

Over 2.7 million dogs are euthanized every year. Make that a smaller number. You’re giving a dog love, and they may have never experienced that before. You’re giving them a place to call home, and someone to call theirs.

2. You won’t be supporting puppy mills.

Puppy mills are large breeding facilities that put money over the well-being of the dogs. They are kept in unfit living spaces, given improper medical care, and have no human interaction. When the dogs are no longer profitable, they are killed. These will operate until we stop giving our money to pet stores and breeders.

3. You have a plethora of choices.

The beauty of a shelter is there’s tons of different animals. Dogs of all breeds, shapes, colors, and sizes are put into shelters. Each dog has a unique personality, and I guarantee a rescue dog will be a better fit for you than a bred dog.

4. Cost.

Buying a dog from a store or breeder can cost $500-$1,000. Getting an animal from a shelter or rescue group is only $25-$100. Sometimes it’s free to adopt. Plus, the money is going towards the well being of other animals instead of going into someone’s pocket.

5. You’ll encourage others to adopt.

Adopting a pet is one of the greatest feelings. Knowing you are helping save a dog’s life is so rewarding. Tell your friends about your adoption and encourage them to do the same! Even if you can’t adopt, still tell others about how great it is. Most shelters will even let you come and play with the animals, since they hardly get any love. Help out any way you can!