Here Are A Few Reasons Why Fall Is The Best Season
Education

16 Reasons Why Fall In College Is The Best Season Of The Year

Who doesn't enjoy oversized hoodies, staying in, and hot chocolate with friends?

48

Summer is officially over, and students are all moved in and reunited with their friends. Instead of sitting in 90-degree weather, students can chill in moderate weather and watch the leaves fall while wearing their favorite hoodie and spending time with friends. People underestimate fall because they are so used to spring semester. But what people are sleeping on is the number of fun things to do, places to go, and the thought of endless holidays and breaks. Here are just a few things as to why fall, especially in college, is a great season:

1. Going to college football games with your friends!

To be honest, I don't know a thing about football, but as long as I'm with my friends, I'm always going to have fun. It's fun to laugh at idiots who start fights and admire the football players too.

2. Being able to bring out your old hoodies that you have been saving all summer.

Hoodies + leggings + Uggs are a great everyday outfit for someone who doesn't feel like dressing up, but you'll look good at the same time.

3. UGG Boots

Of course this was going on the list. What are you going to wear, sandals? (By the way, UGG boots are not meant to be worn in the snow, only fall. Please stop ruining your UGGs.)

4. County/State Fairs

This is another reason why fall is one of the best seasons: funnel cakes, fried Oreos, fried cheesecake, and Ferris wheel rides. Talk about a good time!

5. Staying in during Daylight Savings Time and watching movies.

Daylight Savings is a whole mood killer because the day basically ends at 5:30 p.m. But in order to make the best of it, I usually stay in and watch movies or spend time with my friends. It's better to watch a scary movie at 5 p.m. rather than 11 p.m. because you have enough time to get your mind off of it before you go to bed.

6. Halloween…college style.

From dressing up like a weirdo to going to a college party and getting drunk while trick-or-treating, Halloween in college is the absolute best. This is also the time to make cookies and go to a haunted house if you want.

7. Watching the autumn leaves change colors.

This may sound as boring as watching your fingernails grow, but what if I told you that it's the perfect background for your Instagram pictures? Plus, you can jump in a pile of leaves, too.

8. Pumpkin picking.

Maybe you're not too fond of this, but then again, it's nice to decorate your dorm with some actual pumpkins.

9. Wearing makeup and nail polish that bring out the fall colors.

This gives me the best excuse to wear burgundy, black, or purple.

10. Scarves and Thick Socks

I'm telling you, I have almost every color scarf possible.

11. Opening your drawer full of 67 pairs of black leggings.

Men always complain that we have the same pairs of leggings every day, but it's part of the outfit. No one is going to wear sweats or jeans every day.

12. Baking endless fall cookies

I swear, this is 70% of the reason why I love fall. Making sugar cookies and baking pumpkin pies are the absolute best. And no one cares if you gain weight because you have a hoodie to hide behind.

13. Having the excuse to drink Hot Chocolate (….and pumpkin spice lattes).

I don't have to explain this one. You guys get it. Plus, I would invest in getting essential oils for everything that is pumpkin scented so your room/apartment will smell nice.

14. Cuddling nights with your OTP.

Especially because you will have some cold and rainy nights.

15. The thought of Thanksgiving break and other holidays.

Pigging out on home-cooked meals and relaxing for a week is my type of vacation.

16. My Birthday of course!

Of course I am saving the best for last. My birthday is around Thanksgiving weekend, so of course I am going to say that fall is the best!