7 Reasons Pittsburgh Is A Lot Cooler Than Everyone Not From Pittsburgh Thikns

We're nicknamed the Iron City, that's like a superhero name for a city.

280

Whether it's our sports teams, our celebrities, and food. Nothing can compare. Don't believe me? You probably have never been to Pittsburgh.

1. The First Impression

There is not another city that has a more memorable entrance than Pittsburgh. You're driving through the tunnel, and as you exit, there it is. It hits you right in the face with the whole skyline, hidden behind Mount Washington. Gets ya every time.

2. The Pittsburgh Penguins

The pride and joy for most Pittsburghers. Every year we have a chance to win, and we have some of the best players in the league. In fact, we have THE best player in the world. Sorry to everyone else.

3. Wiz Khalifa

What a guy. Wiz loves to acknowledge that he grew up in the Burgh, and everyone here loves him. It's always cool to have superstars from your hometown, but when they constantly talk about it, it makes it way cooler.

4. Primanti Bros.

If you've never had a Primantis sandwich before, you're missing out. This is absolute deliciousness that you won't find anywhere else. So if you're ever in the Pittsburgh area, you have to go try Primanti Bros, you won't be disappointed.

5. Kennywood

We have our own amusement park right in our backyard. It isn't boring either, there's some pretty intense rides. They are also opening a record breaking roller coaster in a few years called the Steel Curtain. You might want to check it out.

6. PNC Park

Even though the Pirates aren't usually very competitive, going to a game in this stadium is a must before you die. Every year baseball fans say that this is the most beautiful park in the country. It really is. Now only if the Pirates could get there stuff together.

7. The language

It's pretty cool to hear true Pittsburghers talk. They say yinz n'at. Head on over to a Steelers game if you really want to hear Pittsburghese in action. It's easy to pick up on a Pittsburgh accent anywhere else in the world. I've always thought it was cool that people in my city can be differentiated from others just by the way they talk.

Pittsburghers love Pittsburgh, and I'm sure it can get a little annoying for other people. But I think that everyone else should love Pittsburgh. This place really is awesome. There are a ton of hidden gems scattered throughout the city that make the city what it is. If you ever get the chance, stop by and go exploring for a day or two. You won't regret it.