Top 5 Reasons To See Captain Marvel

If You Are Hesitant Here Are 5 Reasons You Should Go See 'Captain Marvel'

Have you seen Captain Marvel yet? Are you not sold on the necessity of the movie? Here are my top 5 reasons to go watch it before the next Avengers movie.

40

Greetings Marvel Cinematic Universe fans! As we all know, "Captain Marvel" was released on March 8th. While we are all counting down the days to "Avengers: End Game" on April 26th, this movie is still definitely worth seeing. At first, I was not impressed by the concept of the movie. I was upset about "Infinity War," and to me, she just looked like a combination of Captain America and Iron Man. The first trailer didn't really intrigue me either. Then, I decided to see it anyway, and I am so glad I did! Trust me when I say it is totally worth going to see, and here are my top five reasons why:

1. Captain Marvel is a great character

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2019/02/27/captain-marvel-brie-larson-our-top-secret-set-visit/2940316002/

Captain Marvel, aka Carol Danvers, is actually a pretty likable character. Strong, relatable, and funny, she has a pretty solid character arc and is a solid female superhero role model for young ladies. I know who I want to be next Halloween.

2. It’s a blend of humor, heart, and action.

farm4.staticflickr.com

A big (and totally valid) complaint about a lot of superhero movies is that there's too much action, too much heart, or too much humor. Take Thor: The Dark World for example. It's very dark and depressing, and no one really liked it. Then in Thor: Ragnarok, they went the opposite route and made it as funny as possible. Avengers: Infinity War was extremely emotional. Captain Marvel was a nice blend of all three. There are emotions, there's humor, and there's definitely plenty of action.

3. Origin story

farm8.staticflickr.com

Every superhero needs a good origin story, and Captain Marvel has one. In addition to her story, we get even more background on how the Avengers team began, and how Nick Fury used to be when he had two eyes.

4. Nostalgia

upload.wikimedia.org

Many of us were born in or grew up in the '90s, and this movie takes place in 1995! There's a Blockbuster and everything. If you enjoy older-feeling movies and feeling like you're back in the past, this is a great movie for you. It's also remarkable to reflect on how much technology has changed over the past couple of decades.

5. There’s a Twist

www.publicdomainpictures.net

Ah yes, the twist. Many good movies have one (or more), and while I'm obviously not going to tell you what it is, this one has at least one too. It fooled and confused me at first, that's for sure. If you enjoy being on your toes and analyzing characters, this movie is definitely a fun movie to see.

Bonus: SPOILER ALERTIf you do not want potential spoilers, do not read this next paragraph!

upload.wikimedia.org

Ok, in addition to the above five reasons, a lot of questions are answered in "Captain Marvel." We learn how Nick Fury lost his eye. We learn how the "Avengers Initiative" was named. We learn who Captain Marvel is and where she's been this whole time. We also find out more about the Tesseract (Blue Infinity stone). We also meet a new alien species, the Skrull, and learn more about one we already knew, the Kree.

SPOILER ALERT LIFTED

Well, there you have it! The top 5 reasons to go see "Captain Marvel." There are two post credit scenes, and I hope you enjoy it! Feel free to leave me comments if you agree with my reasons, and if you think I should have added anything else.