Bernie 2020
Politics

Ladies And Gentlemen, The Way Out Of This Hell Is To Elect A 77-Year-Old Jewish Man

We have to make the right choice this time.

627

Americans have been stuck for over a decade, and Bernie Sanders may be the antidote to that.

And yes, I say a decade because this insanity really began in 2008 after the recession hit. People who believe America went upside down when Trump came onto the scene, do so because they had the privilege to not be affected by the numerous crises that have taken place in the past 11 years. And if you have the privilege of being white, you have been even further removed from the chaos in this country.

The only reason I bring all of this up is because only one candidate running for president has been on the right side of history with all of these issues. One candidate predicted the housing market collapse. One candidate demanded those responsible for the crash be held accountable. One candidate was arrested for protesting discrimination.

Yes, folks, it is Bernie, the man with the plan. He has the best policy ideas: Medicare For All, raising the minimum wage to a living wage, free public college, and a Green New Deal.

These are all of the ideas that are the rave with many of the freshman representatives in the House, and it is true that some of the other 2020 presidential candidates have endorsed some of his ideas, but three short years ago, Bernie stood alone.

Bernie was thinking about these ideas before anybody else was, so it is small wonder why he became the most popular sitting politician in America after the 2016 election.

Bernie's history in the Senate proves he truly believes in his message: the way in which he put pressure on Amazon and Walmart to give their workers better wages, his efforts to end US support for the human rights abuses being committed by Saudi Arabia in Yemen, and of course, the policy I believe should be the standard for every 2020 candidate: his support for Medicare For All.

What was once dismissed as a progressive pipe dream just a few years ago, with the most recent Democratic Party nominee promising the American people, "single-payer will never happen," is now becoming a mainstream policy for most Democrats.

Think for a moment, of living in a country where every person would be able to be taken care of if they were sick, where you would never have to be on the phone for hours with an insurance company trying to suck every penny out of you before your pre-existing condition causes you to wither away. This can happen. This will happen. We are going to elect Bernie Sanders and finally, people's health will not be controlled by private for-profit industry!

Now a lot of you are saying, "if Bernie made these ideas so popular, and other candidates will get behind them, we can nominate anyone, even someone young?" That, unfortunately, is not true, Democratic leadership on Capitol Hill, Nancy Pelosi, and Chuck Schumer, have made it pretty clear that they will not be getting behind these ideas.

They still crave an era where they will win by being moderate and to try to appeal to Republicans, and move farther and farther right on economic issues while the GOP will continue its growing love affair with far-right fascism.

And besides, Amy Klobuchar, another 2020 candidate, has come out against Medicare For All, and Cory Booker and Kamala Harris both have promised they would not get rid of private health insurance. And yes, folks, that should be disqualifying. The majority of the country wants Medicare For All, pay equity for women, gun control, a progressive income tax… so it is past time we stop electing leaders that do not represent these views.

In 2016, nobody really knew who Bernie was, which made his victories against the Clinton leviathan all the more impressive. In the 2020 race, Bernie is no longer an unknown.

Obviously, this will work to his advantage in the early primaries, as he is already polling high and was able to raise six million dollars the day he announced. However, the political machine is already working against Bernie.

Wall Street already said they cannot let Bernie Sanders become the nominee, and networks and institutions within the Democratic Party have likely already begun their efforts to disenfranchise him.

However, a far more dangerous adversary stands against Senator Sanders. A cosmic horror even the twisted mind of H.P. Lovecraft could never concoct.

The true enemy is… upper-middle-class white feminists.

You can usually identify these women on social media: they all have bleached blonde hair, a low-quality selfie, a glass of wine or their dog somewhere in their header, #Resistance #StillWithHer, and #Impeach45 can almost assuredly be on their pages.

These women are obsessed with Russia, think calling Trump "Drump" is a form of activism, and really really would like to speak to the manager.

Why are these people (okay so not all of them are exactly as I described, it's a lot of men as well) obsessed with Bernie? Well, they are in denial that Hillary Clinton had fundamentally terrible policies, only paid lip service to progressive causes without actually doing anything, never found a war she didn't like and was nothing more than a useful foot soldier for Wall Street. That is all her legacy should be.

Anyway, Bernie was attacked as sexist for running against a woman and another popular accusation they throw at him is that he is not a Democrat, because he's the "Independent" senator from Vermont.

Well if supporting Medicare for All, higher wages, Green New Deal, and criminal justice reform makes you "not a Democrat", then nobody should be a Democrat.