5 Reasons Everyone Should Be Thrifting Now

5 Reasons Every Lover Of Fashion, A Bargain, And The Environment Should Be Thrifting Right Now

It's all about saving the planet.

115
clothes strewn on the floor

With the recent trend of finding hidden gems in local thrift stores, people are shopping second hand now more than ever! As a college girl who is trying to make better choices for the planet, I love going to thrift stores.

I can find timeless pieces for a bargain and I'm also helping to reduce the amount of clothing that ends up in landfills. It's a win-win! Keep reading to find out why thrifting is SO awesome!

Good For The Environment

Mother Earth World GIF by eyedesyn Giphy

Shopping second hand is absolutely awesome! It helps keep clothes out of landfills and helps make your carbon footprint smaller! With climate change more prominent than ever, you can help out by shopping second hand! Help lower carbon emissions!

Stops Supporting Fast Fashion

the flash running GIF Giphy

Fast fashion is appealing to everyone and is the only thing that some people can afford. No matter you're price range for purchasing clothes, we all have bought from fast fashion companies before. However, the less we buy from them the better off our planet will be. Workers who make clothes are underpaid and underworked. Their work environments are poor quality as well. If you happen to see something that might be found second hand, look into those options!

Finding Unique Pieces

All thrift stores have unique pieces! My favorite place to go is DEPOP! There are thousands of shops to scroll through and they have some awesome clothing pieces! Whatever you are looking for, I'm sure you can find it on DEPOP whether it's vintage or trendy! Plus, you don't even have to leave your house to buy second hand!

More Affordable

money GIF Giphy

Thrifting is so affordable! You can find really good basics for cheap! Your wallet will thank you!

Supports local businesses

With the times that we are facing, it is more important now than ever to support local businesses! So take a weekend afternoon off and visit any thrift or vintage stores in your area! It's a great way to relax, shop, support local!