Five Reasons Why It's Ok To Listen To Christmas Music In November

Who Says Christmas Is Just For December?

3199
tms.edu

Halloween is over, and we all know what that means...it's time for Christmas music! Now, you might think that the most controversial issues right now are all related to the election, but just bringing up whether or not you're listening to Christmas music in November is sure to ignite a debate just as fierce. I, for one, strongly believe that you're totally awesome if you listen to Christmas music in November, and here's why.

1. You Can Celebrate More Than One Holiday At The Same Time

The first argument people give for why they don't listen to Christmas music in November is that it overshadows Thanksgiving (or Halloween, for those October listeners). Well, who says you have to celebrate only one holiday at a time? Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, but for me, Thanksgiving and Christmas are excellent pairs. Some of my annual Thanksgiving weekend traditions include watching fireworks set to Christmas music or setting up Christmas decorations. After all, isn't Thanksgiving just a version of Christmas, without all the let down? You eat good food, spend time with family, but still have Christmas to look forward to.

2. Why Wait Till You're Too Busy To Enjoy Christmas

Christmas is one of the busiest times of the year for many people. It's a time were stress levels go through the roof. When you're organizing busy holiday schedules, spending lots of money on presents, and trying to study for finals all at the same time, you won't want to sit back with a cup of cocoa and listen to Michael Buble's Christmas album. That's what this time of the year is for. Get excited about the holidays, before they get too busy for you to enjoy!

3. There's Just So Much Music To Listen To

If you wait until December to listen to Christmas music, you won't possibly have enough time to listen to your all of favorite Christmas songs! There are so many songs out there. There are modern ones, classic ones, instrumental ones, remixes, and even more! You've got to get a good mix of them all, but how does anyone expect you to do so without a head start? With all this good music, no wonder you're impatient to get started on listening to your Christmas favorites.

4. It Makes You Happy

Christmas music just makes you happy! Why should you let other people make you feel guilty for doing what you enjoy, especially if it's something as harmless as Christmas music? Don't let the Grinches and Scrooges of the world bring you down. They're just being stubborn and trying to kill your vibe. Christmas is a time for joy! There's so much sadness in the world, but a little jingle bells never hurt anyone. You don't need any better reason than that it makes you happy.

5. The Christmas Spirit Should Last All Year

Christmas is a time for giving. A time for letting the people close to you know just how much they mean to you, and a time for helping those who are less fortunate. It's a good time. There are so many Christmas stories and songs that have the message of keeping the Christmas spirit all throughout the year. It would be a better place if we did, after all. And what better way to begin, then by listening to Christmas music no matter the season?