Why Chacos Will Always Have My Heart And Soles
Clothing

To My Faithful Chacos, You Will Always Have My Heart And Soles

Some call them ugly, I call them my support system; this one's for you, Chaco 1 and Chaco 2.

12
Sarah Wright

Dear Chacos,

You came into style my senior year of high school. We were only allowed to wear saddle oxfords with our uniforms... until Friday. Fridays were jean days and for 50 cents, we were allowed to wear any kind of shoe. That meant every Friday, flashes of black rubber soles and colorful straps, crisscrossing across students feet were around every corner.

My first pair of Chacos were 30% off, what a deal and they're still being worn today. With their black rubber sole, and their pink and orange straps, I couldn't have been more in love with a pair of shoes. Not to mention that first experience of trying them on for the first time and feeling the best arch support ever invented. Who knew shoes could be so supportive yet freeing at the same time! Going into college, I was only sure of one thing: Chacos were in style. As soon as I stepped onto campus that first day, they were everywhere.

You've been with me through so many ups and downs (literal hills and valleys), through every first day of college so far, and on every outdoor adventure you can think of. When you get sandy at the beach, it's no biggy. When you get caked in mud, I just hose you off and you're back to your beautiful self. Three years together and we're still going strong.

One day I may have to replace you, but I know I will never get rid of you completely. We've been through so much together and it's impossible to replace something so meaningful and supportive. When I get my new pair of Chacos, I trust that as you sit next to them on my shoe rack, you will teach them the ways of life and all the ways in which they need to support me. Until, then my friends, I love you dearly and can't wait to put you back on for another day.