Why 'The Bachelor' And 'The Bachelorette' Are So Addicting

Why Is The Nation So Stuck On Reality Love?

Why viewing the show "The Bachelorette" is an ongoing addiction for many and why this season is so unique.

196
becca bachelorette

I have to admit, I don't normally partake in watching reality TV shows but I think it's safe to say I love "The Bachelorette." It's a perfect combination of a strong leading woman searching for her perfect man in a sea of suitors. Who wouldn't love seeing that?

The show "The Bachelorette" is on its 14th season as of May 28th, 2018. The star of this season is Becca Kufrin.

Now, if you're like me and have been a fan of this show for many years, you must have seen the previous season of "The Bachelor." Arie L. tore our hearts out as he proposed to Becca Kufrin then proceeded to cancel the engagement and propose to the runner-up, Lauren. We watched Becca's heart-wrenching reaction as her once love blind-sided her and broke her heart.

During the season finale of "The Bachelor," the episode ended with a bang.

The network announced the next season's bachelorette. The audience went wild (including myself as I watched from my couch) as they said it would be no other than the heartbroken Becca Kufrin.

Now, I could not contain my excitement for this season because I had nothing but support for this woman to find her true love, finding someone who makes promises and keeps them. But, I had to ask myself... why?

Why am I so invested in a show that features people I don't even know? Why do I fall in love with the male contestants and wish they would marry me instead? Why do I become ecstatic when I see Becca form true connections with these men? Why are we all so addicted?

The only explanation I can think of is that the world loves "love." Many of us have been through a fair share of heartbreak and continually wait for the "right one" to come around. When we watch relationships on television unfold we can't help but feel happy that their love is growing. Now, I'm sure some of you who have only heard of the show or have watched just a few episodes think it's 'just' a reality show. You may be right.

Reality shows are tricky because viewers can never truly decipher reality. Everything is taken with a grain of salt. Past seasons of "The Bachelor"/"The Bachelorette" have shown contestants who clearly are only there to market themselves and don't care about finding their person. But, there is something about this season that has grasped the hearts of many viewers.

This season's leading lady is all about "Do(ing) the damn thing!" From the jump, Ms. Kufrin has made it very clear she is here to find her true love and get married. She began the show with the clear intent to only keep contestants she felt were here for the same reason as her. Anyone who has proven otherwise or has shown immaturity have been sent home.

We are in the last two weeks of the season and I must say, Becca has done a tremendous job of weeding out the wrong guys and narrowing it down to the most genuine, loving men I have ever seen.

You wonder... are these men even real? I would say so.

Ms. Kufrin has handled herself with such grace in letting go of the guys she no longer sees a future with and has been openly communicative in what she is looking for. These traits have opened the door for open men. It is currently down to the last two contestants of the season; Garrett and Blake. Becca must choose who will be the perfect fit as her husband.

Now, I have seen a lot of men on a lot of seasons and I have never seen two men so in love and committed until now. Because Becca has been so genuine in who she is and what she wants, she has attracted and found these genuine men.

We will never really know what is real and true but we can hope for the best.

This season is so unique in that many of us see and feel the real love rather than viewing it as a reality show. The loving gazes, the laughter, and the tears are hard to make up. We, as viewers, want and almost need to believe the love is true to believe there are men like that out there for us!

We've visually seen Becca's heartbreak and have watched her form these connections. She has been extremely vulnerable and honest through this whole process. So, of course, we want to see her happy because many of us can relate to where she has been and we can give her credit for putting herself out there for the whole world to see.