10 Realistic Goals You Can Achieve in 2019

Sick of making New Years' Resolutions and never being able to keep them? Here's a list of 10 realistic goals you can make with yourself this year

29
marykate mclaughlin

1. Set a limit on the amount of times you go out to eat every week 

Find yourself always going out to eat and never cooking at home? This year, strive to make a change and try and limit yourself to only going out to eat 1-2x a week. Not only will you save yourself a whole lot of money that can be used for much better things but you can also finally own your cooking skills and try out new recipes in the kitchen.

2. Designate one day a week for self-care

Make 2019 the year that you finally make time for you. This year, try and designate at least one day a week to treat yourself to something that you love. Whether that be binge-watching your favorite show, reading a couple chapters of a book, or even making your favorite meal for dinner, take time for you. You'll definitely thank yourself for it later and it'll give you something to look forward to during the week.

3. Limit your subscriptions 

In this day in age, our online subscriptions can add up without us even noticing. Maybe you have Netflix and Hulu but only find yourself watching shows on Netflix. Take stock of what subscriptions you are actually using and delete the ones you don't use. These savings will add up and you'll find yourself with a whole lot of extra money at the end of the year.

4. Go on a social media cleanse

Less screen time=happier you, trust me. You don't even have to go on a full "cleanse", maybe just delete a social media app off your phone for a week and then see if not having the app on your phone will benefit you. It's always good to give yourself a break every once in a while. If you have an iPhone, the new update allows you to look at how much time you spend on an app every day so definitely use this tool to your advantage if you're trying to cut down on your screen time.

5. Try to do a random act of kindness everyday 

Ever feel helpless and that the world is going in the wrong direction? Even though you may only be one person, changing the world starts small and it can start with one person doing a random act of kindness a day. It can be little as holding the door open for someone, complimenting someone, or maybe paying for coffee for the person behind you in the Starbucks line. This is one of my own personal goals for this year and I think it is definitely doable.

6. Travel somewhere you've never been before 

Find yourself craving to travel but may not have the money for your dream vacation? One thing you can do to satisfy your craving to travel is to go on a road trip within your state to cities you have never been before. The more creative you are the more fun you can have

Drink more water 

Hydrate or die-drate am I right? Drinking enough water is so important for your overall health and well-being. Invest in a good water bottle (I recommend a Yeti or Swell bottle) and hydrate all day long.

8. Get more Z'sssss 

Make 2019 the year you finally try and get enough sleep. Getting enough sleep is crucial in helping us accomplish our everyday tasks but can also have a great effect on your physical and mental well-being. If you have a tough time falling asleep, try taking melatonin before bed or investing in a white-noise machine if you can't fall asleep in complete silence.

9. Have an attitude of gratitude 

If one of your New Year's resolutions is to be more grateful, this is definitely something you can achieve. At the end of every day, think or write down three things you are grateful for. It will help you realize what is good in your life and you may learn to develop a greater appreciation for the things around you.

10. Just be present 

One of the things I put on my list of 2019 resolutions is to be present. Instead of worrying about where I have to be or what I have to do, I'm going to try just enjoying where I am now. This may be when you're hanging out with friends, at a concert, or just life itself. Even if you're not exactly where you thought you should be in life, just be grateful where you are now and be present in every situation.