Books to Read Over Winter Break.

Books to Read Over Winter Break.

The best time for reading is during the winter.

17
Books to Read Over Winter Break.
autostraddle

Winter break is great for us book lovers in college. We struggle to find time to read for pleasure during the semester, but during Winter break there's more than enough time.
During this time I try to lay out the books I plan on reading and keep track of them. It helps me stay committed to reading and document the feelings I have when reading.

Here's 8 books I hope I can squeeze into my Winter break.

1. The Princess Saves Herself in This One by Amanda Lovelace

A book of poetry about going from being a princess to a queen. Seems like a perfect read for a cool winter day for your favorite strong woman (yourself).

2. I Wrote This For You by pleasefindthis

A book of poems and collection of photography about loss and longing. The author claims no one will fully understand the poems included unless they are the person they are written for.

3. The Chaos of Longing by K.Y Robinson

This poetry collection documents the authors experiences with sex, mental illness and loss. It does come with a trigger warning, regardless it appears to be beautifully written and tell a story from beginning to end.

4. Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur

I already read this one, but it's so good I need to spend some more time with it. Kaur is one of my favorite authors with only one book. She is so special and I cannot wait to read what she creates next.

5. Words From a Wanderer by Alexandra Elle

This book is a collection of mantras and sayings, meant to encourage and serve as the basis for meditation. Easily something I can pick up and put down at my leisure.

6. Stuff I've Been Feeling Lately by Alicia Cook

Poetry written and split up like a mixtape that tackles all the hard subjects in life. Seems like a book I can read while relaxing in a coffee shop.

7. Eighteen Years by Madisen Kuhn

Kuhn's collection of over 200 poems, claims it's there to comfort you when nothing else can. I'll be putting this to the test sometime before winter break is over.

8. We Were Young by Foresta Lafti

A book of poetry written from new maturity. Seems fitting to read as I'm in my adult life still reflecting on the mistakes and heartbreaks of my teenage years.