Raven Baxter Is A Fashion Icon — Here Are Her Best Looks

Raven Baxter Was Our Favorite Teen Fashion Icon And We're Still Recreating Her Best Looks, Here

We take a look at Disney's most fashion-forward show to recreate some iconic looks.

32537
Disney Plus

I grew up in the early 2000s. And, like any child at the time, I was hooked on Disney Channel shows. My favorite was and is "That's So Raven."

Raven is a teenage psychic navigating life in hopes of not revealing her powers. Only her family and close friends know she has them. Her powers oftentimes get her in trouble, which is where the comedy comes in. But, they also teach her and her friends sentimental life lessons.

The show was so popular at the time and is now iconic. It was the first time we saw a Black teenage girl with fashion savvy and supernatural powers on our television screens, aspirational in more ways than one (haven't we all thought about having supernatural powers at some point in our childhood?).

For me, growing up, the show's highlight was the fashion. Raven was so chic and trendy as a teenager, I wanted to be as fashionable as her when I grew up. The impression she had on me continues to last today.

I've been binge-watching the series on Disney+, and have been recreating some of her most iconic looks, here.

1. The Sheer Blouse

Disney

Raven often times wore blouses that were sheer and see thru with a camisole underneath. This is a style that is extremely popular today.

3. The Mesh Top

Disney

This style of shirt was extremely popular in the early 2000s. Moms and daughters alike wore mesh shirts. This style, although considered normal now, was once considered edgy.

6.

ASOS

True Violet bandeau mini dress with frill in ochre floral ($109)

8. The Pink Feather Moment

Disney

Raven LOVED feathers. I would say that it was one of her most-worn embellishments. This look is easy to replicate whether you buy something similar or try to recreate the cardigan yourself.

11. The Liz Anya Effect

Disney

Most people recall this episode of when Raven disguises herself as a famous pop star named "Liz Anya" to get her dad back his job, as their favorite episode. I concur. It's a classic. This look can be worn to a plethora of events and is easy to recreate.