Ranking The 4 HOTTEST Fashion Trends Of Summer 2020

And how to look extra cute during the most chaotic summer we've ever seen.

48
https://www.themadameblue.com/blog/tag/TikTok

With all of its faults, 2020 has brought on an onslaught of iconic fashion trends that should really be getting more attention. So many of my peers have come out of quarantine with next level taste in style (largely thanks to TikTok), so I'm going to rate my favorite summer trends and tell you my completely unwarranted opinions.

4. Solid Black Masks

6b9d4dd960e9704620e39b902ad067b2.jpg

8/10; These masks are super sleek and look good with ANY outfit you put on. This is probably the most popular accessory of the year, and for good reason. I can't be the only person who thinks they look intimidatingly cool. -2 points only because they're very plain and can get boring after literally everyone owning one.

3. Collegiate Insignia Masks

ur,mask_three_quarter,square,1000x1000.jpg

9/10; Showing that you care about the safety of your fellow classmates is the ULTIMATE display of school pride. I love everything about this, and I've seen some particularly cute masks for fellow MSU students. No one loses in this one. I only took away 1 point because they can get pretty pricey depending on where you buy them from, but there are also cheap alternatives.

2. Bandana Masks

where-to-buy-bandana

10/10; Full face covering, super affordable (most people already have bandanas at home) and can add an easy pop of color to any outfit. It also reminds me of cowboys in the old west, which is absolutely never a bad thing. There are tons of colors and designs to choose from, and the prices haven't been super marked up for these like some of the other options.

1. N-95 Masks

https://www.army.mil/article/236399/domestic_n95_mask_production_expected_to_exceed_1_billion_in_2021

Worn by our brave men and women on the front lines in hospitals around the country, this is by far my #1 pick for summer 2020 fashion trends. It's sleek, simple, and most importantly, the best proven option for containing the spread of COVID. 15/10 for this one.

Overall, the hottest accessory anyone can have is kindness and compassion for others. Don't be an ass, wear a mask.