Ranking Of The 'Star Wars' Movies Within The Film Franchise

A Definitive Ranking of The Main 'Star Wars' Movies Within The Film Franchise

Released as of March 2019.

143

Star Wars is one of the best film franchises of all time, But there is no denying that some of the installments may not have lived up to par as well as some of the others. So here is a definitive ranking of all of the Star Wars films (released as of March 2019).

1. Return of the Jedi

This installment is by far the best. There is so much happening between Vader and Luke and then we also have Jabba the Hut and Han Solo and the entire movie is just one thrill ride.

2. The Empire Strikes Back

A very close second, this installment is also extremely entertaining. The story finally comes out between Darth Vader and Luke and we meet Lando along with some other pretty. cool supporting characters. This movie also brings us the great love story that is Han and Leia and we will forever be grateful for that.

3. Revenge of the Sith

This film is so cool. If I had to choose one word to describe it would be cool. We find out how Anakin became Vader and what happened between him and Obi-Wan along with what will come of the republic! It all leads in to the original trilogy so smoothly and it is incredible to watch them all come together!

4. A New Hope

Not one I'd personally choose to watch on a normal day but definitely a good one because it was the original! This is where it all started and the story developed so well from this one movie.

5. Attack of the Clones

This Installment, once again while not the most interesting as a story is still pretty cool when it comes to the history, especially if you watched the original trilogy first (which you definitely should). It's crucial to Anakin's story and since they play such a huge role throughout the series you learn where they have come from also!

6. The Last Jedi

While this one is a bit better than the "The Force Awakens" it was still not very good. Maybe Episode IX will make me change my mind but I don't see that happening. This entire trilogy is based on a villain who is trying to be someone else (AKA Darth Vader which he never will be and he should really give up on that because no one can be Vader except Vader) and the main character who while isn't the worst character just doesn't have good enough supporting characters to make the storyline interesting. Kudos to the franchise for bringing in some diversity but this new trilogy has just really lacked the element of surprise within the storyline, with the exception of one scene, which in my opinion was a poor storyline choice, to begin with.

7. The Force Awakens

It's in this film we are first introduced to the characters within the new trilogy and not going to lie, but I thought in comparison to the old ones, it was a bit of a letdown. I mean how am I supposed to believe that Kylo Ren is to be the villain for an entire trilogy when he can barely go 5 minutes in this film without throwing a tantrum? It's not going to happen and no one will ever make me believe otherwise. Also, this one made me cry so no thank you.

8. The Phantom Menace

This one is at the body for obvious reasons. It is by far the least entertaining film in the franchise and is put there solely for storytelling purposes. I mean, yes, without this one we wouldn't fully understand Anakin's story so it's necessary but most definitely at the bottom of the rankings.