13 Quotes From 'Dumplin'' Every Woman Needs To Hear

As a daughter of a former beauty queen tries to revolutionize the pageant world, Willowdean ('Dumplin') comes to realize that beauty is not defined by what is on the outside, with a little help from Dolly Parton, of course. The Netflix Original Film is based upon the book "Dumplin'" by Julie Murphey.

28683

.

1. "Find out who you are and do it on purpose." - Dolly Parton 

2. "It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world." - Dolly Parton

3. "Smile - it increases your face value." - Dolly Parton 

4. "If you want the rainbow, you have to put up with the rain." - Dolly Parton 

5. "I think maybe it's the things we don't want to talk about that are the things most people want to hear." - Julie Murphy, "Dumplin'" 

6. "I guess sometimes the perception we perceive in others is made up of a whole bunch of tiny imperfections, because some days the damn dress just won't zip." - Julie Murphy, "Dumplin'" 

7. "All my life I've had a body worth commenting on and if living in my skin has taught me anything it's that if it's not your body, it's not yours to comment on." - Julie Murphy, "Dumplin'" 

8. "There's something about swimsuits that make you think you've got to earn the right to wear them. And that's wrong. Really, the criteria is simple. Do you have a body? Put a swimsuit on it." - Julie Murphy, "Dumplin'" 

9. "Sometimes figuring out who you are means understanding that we are a mosaic of experiences. I'm Dumplin'. And Will and Willowdean. I'm fat. I'm happy. I'm insecure. I'm bold." - Julie Murphy, "Dumplin'" 

10. "Maybe 'cause you don't always have to win a pageant to wear a crown." - Julie Murphy, "Dumplin'" 

11. "Lucy always said that the greatest friends have nothing and everything in common all at once. Y'all girls are different versions of the same story, she would say." - Julie Murphy, "Dumplin'" 

12. "At this point, there is nothing left to be done, and if there is anything, it's too late to make the effort. All she can do is let the glitter fall where it may." - Julie Murphy, "Dumplin'" 

13. "Perfection is nothing more than a phantom shadow we're all chasing." - Julie Murphy, "Dumplin'" 

I believe that every child
Needs to feel a sense of pride
And someone to love and guide and see them through
So many miles I've traveled
Many times they've come unraveled
On the road both smooth or gravel
But I've made it through. - Dolly Parton, "Red Shoes"

media3.giphy.com

Watch the trailer for "Dumplin'" here.