A Quick PSA for All Who Use Computers

A Quick PSA for All Who Use Computers

This also applies to certain types of people on mobile devices as well.

4
A Quick PSA for All Who Use Computers
FreeImages.com/André Bergonzzi

This is an issue that has withstood the test of time, and my time as a writer feels like it would be incomplete if I did not address this problem, headfirst and PSA-style in a piece of my own.

Yes, dear readers. This is another article on how to use there, their, and they're.

If you do not abide by these rules, your only excuse would that you're Beyoncé Giselle Knowles-Carter (who just celebrated her birthday, bless her). But since you're probably not her, you have no excuse, and if you have loved ones you care for, you owe them this much.

There

This is used for LOCATIONS, specifically ones that are far away from both you and the person or people you are talking to.

Example: "I see a stampede of very ecstatic corgis coming from over there."

Their

This is used to show POSSESSION of a thing by a group of people.

Example: "Their corgis have no control over their levels of softness, and that is ok with me."

They're

Trick question: this is a mash up of TWO WORDS, those words being "they are". If you can replace your use of "they're" with "they are"and the sentence still makes sense, you're all good.

Example: "They're just a couple of happy corgis trying to take over the world, so let's just give them two treats instead of three."

Please bookmark and read this as often as necessary.

Thank you for your time. You may now continue with the rest of your regularly scheduled day.