My take on Jamie Olivers quick and easy chicken wings.

My go to meals for a busy week!

Meal One

51
My go to meals for a busy week!
Katherine Messina

I am going to give you a weekly recipe for my favorite healthy go to meals! As a working mother of three I am constantly busy but I love yummy and healthy food! This recipe was inspired by Jamie Oliver's quick and easy meals( I have secretly fallen in love with him, he's seriously adorable) and I am going to share it with you! These wings are tender and so so delicious.

Ingredients:

Salt

Pepper

Chicken wings 6

Teriyaki sauce 4tbs (I use sugar free

Spring Onions

Sesame seeds

Spinach

Brussel Sprouts

Arugula

Olive oil

So first, the wings! I got these started first, since they took the longest!

Take a pan that can fit all of the wings in a single layer. Spread olive oil around the bottom of the pan and set the burner to medium-high heat. Heat the olive oil until you can easily swish it around coating the entire bottom of the pan. Then lay the wings in the pan. I like to shake my pan in a circular motion every 3-5 minutes to evenly cook the wings. Once you get a bit of darkening on the wings you add 3 tablespoons of the teriyaki. I continue my circular shaking of the pan to evenly coat the wings. You can also use a spatula, which some may find easier! Then once the teriyaki starts sizzling, add hot water. Just enough to cover the wings. Cover and leave it for a while.

Next, the brussel sprouts. First I slice all of my brussel sprouts in half. I follow the same instructions with my olive oil. Lay the brussel sprouts flat in the pan, get a good crisping on them. Then I add the remaining teriyaki for a bit of flavor! Thoroughly coat the brussel sprouts in the seasonings, olive oil, and teriyaki mixture. Add a cup of water to the brussel sprouts, cover and leave.

Now, on to the side salad! This part is optional, I like to make a spinach and arugula salad. You can add whatever salad fixings you like! For the dressing I like to use olive oil and a nice italian dressing. It is the perfect touch to a healthy meal. From start to finish it took me thirty minutes to complete this recipe.

You could also do this in a crock pot if you wanted. Fry the wings for about 2 minutes in olive oil, throw everything but the salad and the kitchen sink in the crockpot, set it and forget it for 4-6 hours. 4 hours if you have it set to high, 6-8 hours if you have it set on low. I personally love my programmable crockpot due to how easy it is to set. When I come home from work, dinner is cooked and still hot, ready for us to spend some quality time as a family.

My beautiful familyShubert Photography